Another Exhaust Thread.

usnfenix

Mar 24, 2012
i know this topic is probably beaten to death around here but here goes regardless. just traded in my 2011 5.0 premium for a 2013 5.0 premium. last stang had a pypes super system catback and loved the tone, but wanted it a little bit more aggressive. so now that i have the new stang i again am going to change exhaust but this time im looking for an affordable x pipe and catback/axleback that sounds nice and aggressive, and at least moderately loud. problem im having is the pypes super system doesnt match up to the x pipe pypes sells that fits oem headers. the oem fitting x pipe is 2.5 and the catback is 3'', so not good. i was thinking just getting it and taking the x pipe to a exhaust shop and having them widen the side that hooks up to the catback to 3'' but im not sure if they will meet up in the same spot and fit as nicely as the previous setup i had did. would be spending 560 on the super system and 130 on the catback, if theres another system including x pipe and catback/axleback together for the same total price ( and provided it sounds great) ill do that instead this time. thoughts/opinions? sry for long post

• Sponsors (?)

x-pipe can lower the agressiveness. unless youre looking for an o/r X-pipe. I hear bassani has a great system But I have always loved Pypes. If I wasnt in California I would of put on an o/r X but that aint gnna happen. and if you want something really agressive. Add Comp Cams stage 2 or Frpp hot rod cams for an agressive Idol as well.