Another High idle problem!

Black 93 Fox

Jun 1, 2003
Vancouver,Washington
I am also having a real pain in the a$$ idle problem. I turned my idle screw down and it would go down to 800RPM but then the pedal would get stuck. So I turned it back up a little so it wouldnt get stuck. It idles at 1200-1500. And when im driving it takes for ever for the rpm's to come down. I got another IAC from a buddy to see if it was that and it wasnt.

Any idea's on how to get it down with out the pedal sticking closed?

Thanks,
Black 93 Fox

• Sponsors (?)

:bang: Did you properly set the base idle and then check the tps setting? If not here is the procedure.You have to have a volt meter to adjust the tps to the proper setting. The throttle blade has to be set for the base idle first. With the engine warm disconnect the harness to the iac motor. If the base idle is set correctly it should idle @ approx. 700rpm's. If not, adjust the idle screw on the t/b to the correct rpm. Now with the engine still running, connect a volt meter. Black to groung and red to the tps signal wire. Maybe green depending on year. The other 2 wires are ground and your 5 volt reference. rotate the tps until you acheive .95 -.99 of a volt and tighten down the screws. Now plug in the iac motor and if that's functioning properly the car should idle normally. Hope this helps. You must adjust the base idle first before the tps adjustment!!! :nice:

i was wondering about that too, my heater core was already bypassed( was like that when i got the car) and i put caps on the ends of the coolant rail, under the TB, because it sprung a leak and the hose that was on it was kinked...