Another muffler thread...Ford Racing or Gibson?

MontereyDave

Jul 29, 2006
Monterey, CA
I searched and read through all of the muffler threads I could find but still felt compelled to ask your opinions/advice on a CA legal (emmissions and noise) set of axle back mufflers that won't void the factory warranty on a 2006 Mustang GT. I'd like it to be louder than factory but not loud enough to attract too much attention from cops. These are the two I'm considering. Your thoughts?

Ford Racing 4"
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=53650

Gibson
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=65229&SortOrder=1

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I was wondering how the Gibsons would sound on a 281 3V. That's what Saleen used for the PJ car, but that's a 302. Those sound great. Now I just need to find out what they sound like with an o/r H. I love my sound, but I think I like that even better.

I was wondering how the Gibsons would sound on a 281 3V. That's what Saleen used for the PJ car, but that's a 302. Those sound great. Now I just need to find out what they sound like with an o/r H. I love my sound, but I think I like that even better.

My buddy in the vid is getting his prochamber in sometime soon. I'll keep you posted. The Gibsons sound great in person on the 3V's.

That's odd I thought I saw an Edelbrock ad glorifying their exhaust as the choice of Steve Saleen for the PJ Mustang.

I had the Gibson axle-backs on my '07 and the drone was so annoying that I sold 'em in less than a week. Went with the FRPP GTA's and couldn't be happier. Great sound at idle, a nice bark but not obnoxious at WOT and best of all-zero drone. I have sound clips comparing the stock mufflers with the Gibson and the GTA's on my website here:
Exhaust Sound Clips

I had the Gibson axle-backs on my '07 and the drone was so annoying that I sold 'em in less than a week. Went with the FRPP GTA's and couldn't be happier. Great sound at idle, a nice bark but not obnoxious at WOT and best of all-zero drone. I have sound clips comparing the stock mufflers with the Gibson and the GTA's on my website here:
Exhaust Sound Clips

Not good for highway driving right? I think in city driving, it sounded great.

I have GTAs and I couldn't be happier.

I just got my Pypes O/R H from brenspeed yesterday, and I'll install it this Saturday. I haven't heard of people with that combo yet so I might be the first with vids.

I'll post some vids right after that.

Dave,

I will have the Mac o/r prochamber installed soon, when i get some time. I will be posting sound clips as well.

My gibsons are kind of quiet if you ask some of my friends. the highway drone is not too bad. its definitely louder inside the car. listened to a 06 with flows and it was very close.

Dave,

I will have the Mac o/r prochamber installed soon, when i get some time. I will be posting sound clips as well.

My gibsons are kind of quiet if you ask some of my friends. the highway drone is not too bad. its definitely louder inside the car. listened to a 06 with flows and it was very close.

You might need to help me with some sound clips too:D

I haven't posted on here in quite some time, so long in fact that I looked at my old signature and notice how much has changed on my '05. Anyways, I thought I'd post a couple of clips of what the FRPP Borla/Stingers sound like with the addition of FRPP Shorty Headers and Magnaflow High Flow Catted X Pipe. Not too loud when normal driving, but loud deep growl when you mash the "GO" pedal and no "trumpets". (High pitched tinny rasp)

Here's an old clip of the FRPP Stingers with an Off Road H Pipe.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25854778

If you want to hear them with a catted x pipe, just click on the link in my signature.

That's great! Thanks for all of the info and the awesome sound clips :nice: One last question...most of these mufflers (Ford Racing, Gibson, Mac) are pretty simple to install aren't they? No pipe cutting or welding required? Thanks again.