Another one has come ovver to the Dark Side.

The Factor said:
Janell you should hang out at dairy queen and or starbucks you'll learn a lot about the cobras and corvettes and believe it or not everyone in our group is some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Even though sometimes on this forum you can easily get the wrong impression of some. BTW Dont know if I ever met you but my name is Ed and myself and everyone else is looking forward to meeting you some time this summer:nice:

There you go Ed! :nice:

Hi Janell, I'm Jerry... How you doing? :D

• Sponsors (?)

stock50LX said:
Let's see, a Vette is about 50K new and next year you can sell it for 35K, wait five years and you can get 20K. You also get lots of rattles with the fiberglass body. But I am sure you look good in it. Enjoy.

Nice sarcasm :lol: You know you want a vette....check your "new" prices...you are not even close on the 2007's...

stock50LX said:
Let's see, a Vette is about 50K new and next year you can sell it for 35K, wait five years and you can get 20K. You also get lots of rattles with the fiberglass body. But I am sure you look good in it. Enjoy.

:bs:

Boy, you really don't know much about Vettes, do you? First, a base Vette starts at about 44k (no options). One year old Vettes (with options) that originally sold for 50k have been going for 40k to 43k. I would love to see a 2002 Vette for 20k, If it is selling for 20k you don't want it. Most Vettes are well taken care of and do not have many rattles. The newer models have better and better engineering. I am not saying they don't rattle, but not as much as the older ones.

Ok, now tell me how your Mustang does not rattle. Tell me how much your Mustang is worth used. I am not saying the Mustang is a bad car, but they depreciate just as much, if not more than a Vette.

:Zip2:

Rogue Cobra said:
:bs:

Boy, you really don't know much about Vettes, do you? First, a base Vette starts at about 44k (no options). One year old Vettes (with options) that originally sold for 50k have been going for 40k to 43k. I would love to see a 2002 Vette for 20k, If it is selling for 20k you don't want it. Most Vettes are well taken care of and do not have many rattles. The newer models have better and better engineering. I am not saying they don't rattle, but not as much as the older ones.

Ok, now tell me how your Mustang does not rattle. Tell me how much your Mustang is worth used. I am not saying the Mustang is a bad car, but they depreciate just as much, if not more than a Vette.

:Zip2:

Let's review: 1982 Mustang purchase price $2,500. (That's less than you'll pay in taxes)

Current value with 351 (cost of 351 -1.5K), approx $5,500.

You do the math.

2006 Vette 50K

2006 Vette in-one-year 43K (I do not accept this estimate but I'll use it anyway) Depreciation 7K plus taxes on 50K (4K) = 11K

By the way, my car is quicker too.

There is no practical yardstick you can hold up to this argument and come out on top. But keep trying.

QUOTE:"By the way, my car is quicker too."

Hey Stock...I could smoke both you and Rogue in my 97 mustang that is...by the way...FOR SALE...:lol: And Stock...you prob wouldn't like to get beat by a girl...:p

Janell said:
QUOTE:"By the way, my car is quicker too."

Hey Stock...I could smoke both you and Rogue in my 97 mustang that is...by the way...FOR SALE...:lol: And Stock...you prob wouldn't like to get beat by a girl...:p

Are you sure? My car runs 11's, NA. You must have a lot of boost or a lot of nitrous. I don't think you can beat my car without a power adder.

stock50LX said:
Let's review: 1982 Mustang purchase price $2,500. (That's less than you'll pay in taxes)

Current value with 351 (cost of 351 -1.5K), approx $5,500.

You do the math.

2006 Vette 50K

2006 Vette in-one-year 43K (I do not accept this estimate but I'll use it anyway) Depreciation 7K plus taxes on 50K (4K) = 11K

By the way, my car is quicker too.

There is no practical yardstick you can hold up to this argument and come out on top. But keep trying.

:lol: :rlaugh:

First, your car did cost more than I paid for taxes. Can you say OREGON? No sales tax here.

Get a Grip! You are comparing a 1982 to 2006. Try comparing apples to apples. I was talking about what your car cost new and then its value now. Almost every car depreciates in value FROM NEW. At a certain point it turns around. Like a Boss 302 will be worth more than the original purchase price, same with a 1963 Split window Vette.

So, you dropped in a 351w at a cost of $1500 and you have not put ANY more money into it? How about your time working on it, what is that worth?

BTW... I don't care if your car is quicker. I bet your car has not met a gas station it did not like. Plus you do a long distance trip with your car, how sure are you that you will make it there and not want to kill yourself after. Your car may be quicker in a straight line, but how is it on a road course? Are you so sure you could beat me?

I am glad you like your car. I am talking about you making comments not based on facts.

Rogue Cobra said:
:lol: :rlaugh:

First, your car did cost more than I paid for taxes. Can you say OREGON? No sales tax here.

Get a Grip! You are comparing a 1982 to 2006. Try comparing apples to apples. I was talking about what your car cost new and then its value now. Almost every car depreciates in value FROM NEW. At a certain point it turns around. Like a Boss 302 will be worth more than the original purchase price, same with a 1963 Split window Vette.

So, you dropped in a 351w at a cost of $1500 and you have not put ANY more money into it? How about your time working on it, what is that worth?

BTW... I don't care if your car is quicker. I bet your car has not met a gas station it did not like. Plus you do a long distance trip with your car, how sure are you that you will make it there and not want to kill yourself after. Your car may be quicker in a straight line, but how is it on a road course? Are you so sure you could beat me?

I am glad you like your car. I am talking about you making comments not based on facts

[QUOTE=Rogue Cobra

I think you still have a federal gas guzzler tax... :) Although I didn't notice where you were from, you seem to not notice where you are!

This was a real world comparison. An old Mustang you mod yourself (hot rod) vs a factory performance car. That is not the comparison you wanted, but it is the one you got. You are on a Mustang site dedicated to just that kind of activity.

I don't drive-on, or care about, road courses. I drag race.

As far as making comments without giving facts, I provided the numbers, those are facts. You just disregarded them as irrelevant, because those facts didn't support your conclusion. You must work for the Bush admin.

Like most people, you want a car and then try to find reasons to justify the purchase, but I am not going to help you do it. You are on a Mustang site, remember?!

We all know about depreciation. That happens with any NEW car. I am making a different point here. Buy a used Mustang, make it suit your needs and preferences and you can have a better car for the kind of driving-you-do than the factory makes, and it will cost less. Paradigm shift needed!

Just be certain that if you buy the overpriced thing, use it. Don't be a poser, like most Vette owners.

stock50LX said:
I think you still have a federal gas guzzler tax... :) Although I didn't notice where you were from, you seem to not notice where you are!

This was a real world comparison. An old Mustang you mod yourself (hot rod) vs a factory performance car. That is not the comparison you wanted, but it is the one you got. You are on a Mustang site dedicated to just that kind of activity.

I don't drive-on or care about road courses, I drag race.

As far as making comments without giving facts, I provided the numbers, those are facts. You just disregarded them as irrelevant, because those facts didn't support your conclusion. You must work for the Bush admin.

Like most people, you want a car and then try to find reasons to justify the purchase, but I am not going to help you do it. You are on a Mustang site, remember?!

We all know about depreciation. That happens with any NEW car. I am making a different point here. Buy a used Mustang, make it suit your needs and preferences and you can have a better car for the kind of driving-you-do than the factory makes, and it will cost less. Paradigm shift.

Let me remind you the original post you had that is what I was disputing:

"Let's see, a Vette is about 50K new and next year you can sell it for 35K, wait five years and you can get 20K. You also get lots of rattles with the fiberglass body. But I am sure you look good in it. Enjoy."

You have changed this thread from the above comments to old verses new. Granted, I did ask how much your car is worth. I brought that up to point out that is was once new and depreciated. Yes, I digressed with you down that road, but it seems you are not really intending to bring this back to the original point. You are the one who changed it to justify your position.

Anyone knows you can take an older car and fix it up to what you want cheaper. I don't dispute that. I don't have to justify my buying my car to anyone. I bought it because I wanted to. I liked the car, I could afford it, so I did. I am still happy with my choice no matter what anyone else believes. I suspected you don't care about road courses. Ok, you drag race. Your car your way and my car my way.

You are still making assumptions about my car. I did not have to pay a gas guzzler tax, it gets 29 MPG highway. It does not qualify for the tax, unlike my 2003 Cobra I had.

Yeah, I know exactly where I am at. This site is not only for drag racing, but any kind of Mustang stuff. The original post was to bring to light Janell's Mustang for sale and to tease my Mustang friends. I still hang out on this site because I have so many Mustang friends still and I do take quite a bit of teasing from them about my Vette. That is acepted, I throw it back once in a while.

stock50LX said:
Just be certain that if you buy the overpriced thing, use it. Don't be a poser, like most Vette owners.

BTW.... I do use it. I have done PIR Track days with others on this board. It the year and a half I have 12k mikes. I may take it to Woodburn to see what it will do there. I have in the past done bracket racing and now want to try something different. I am thinking Autocross next.

Rogue Cobra said:
Let me remind you the original post you had that is what I was disputing:

"Let's see, a Vette is about 50K new and next year you can sell it for 35K, wait five years and you can get 20K. You also get lots of rattles with the fiberglass body. But I am sure you look good in it. Enjoy."

You have changed this thread from the above comments to old verses new. Granted, I did ask how much your car is worth. I brought that up to point out that is was once new and depreciated. Yes, I digressed with you down that road, but it seems you are not really intending to bring this back to the original point. You are the one who changed it to justify your position.

Anyone knows you can take an older car and fix it up to what you want cheaper. I don't dispute that. I don't have to justify my buying my car to anyone. I bought it because I wanted to. I liked the car, I could afford it, so I did. I am still happy with my choice no matter what anyone else believes. I suspected you don't care about road courses. Ok, you drag race. Your car your way and my car my way.

You are still making assumptions about my car. I did not have to pay a gas guzzler tax, it gets 29 MPG highway. It does not qualify for the tax, unlike my 2003 Cobra I had.

Yeah, I know exactly where I am at. This site is not only for drag racing, but any kind of Mustang stuff. The original post was to bring to light Janell's Mustang for sale and to tease my Mustang friends. I still hang out on this site because I have so many Mustang friends still and I do take quite a bit of teasing from them about my Vette. That is acepted, I throw it back once in a while.

Good points. My orginal comment referred to depreciation. Expensive cars depreciate more in a year -at least in an absolute sense (perhaps not as a percentage). So my following comments were related. It was always old v new, from my point of view. The new Vettes are good cars. Vettes are finally what they should have been all along. But they are also overpriced. However, the General needs to get some revenue coming-in otherwise we'll need to take-up a collection for him. It's good that you are going to help him out.

Rogue Cobra said:
BTW.... I do use it. I have done PIR Track days with others on this board. It the year and a half I have 12k mikes. I may take it to Woodburn to see what it will do there. I have in the past done bracket racing and now want to try something different. I am thinking Autocross next.

Yeah, bracket racing leaves something to be desired.

Okay, you do race it. Good for you. Let us know what it runs at the track.

PS How fast is this gal's 97 Mustang?

stock50LX said:
Good points. My orginal comment referred to depreciation. Expensive cars depreciate more in a year -at least in an absolute sense (perhaps not as a percentage). So my following comments were related. It was always old v new, from my point of view. The new Vettes are good cars. Vettes are finally what they should have been all along. But they are also overpriced. However, the General needs to get some revenue coming-in otherwise we'll need to take-up a collection for him. It's good that you are going to help him out.

Thanks. I guess I was willing to donate to the General to get what I wanted. I agree, all new cars are over-priced, including mine.

I will have to let Janell tell you how fast her Stang is. :nice: :D