Another Power Window problem. Need some help.

90blacknight

Apr 11, 2006
Alright, I've done some research and tried to read some wiring diagrams, but still unclear as to what the problem is. It started with not being able to roll down the passenger side window. I swapped the switch on that side and nothing. Swapped motors and it was working, but only from the passenger switch. However after awhile it stopped working completely again. Plugged in the old motor again and held it it my hand. Now both switches can spin it when I press "up" but can't spin it when I hold "down". I tested for power with a test light and when I hold "down" both wires coming off the motor are lighting up. Bad ground? Driver side switch acting up? Need some help.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you take the cover off the motors and look at the gears? A lot of times the three bushings crumble and lock the motor in one way, so it may go up but not down, or vice versa.

There is one screw holding the cover over the gear, remove it and pop the cover off. If the bushings are ****....which they most likely are, go to your local autoparts store and guy a bushing kit. Just ask for a "window motor bushing kit" It will be three small, round, bushings. Pop the gear out of the motor, clean out all the bits of old bushings, and replace the three bushings.