Another problem

Well as you all know i rewired my 84'svo with an 89' harness. I finally got her running well lastnight sitting here idleing about every 5 min or so give or take. It would just lose power for a quick second.
So tonight i put a volt meter on it and alternator was reading 14.33 then when it did it's thing it would drop a volt lights would flick just everything loses power then back.
So i went ahead and got rid of the external regulator and put the alternator from 89' on it well same thing.
My grounds are good i redid all grounds and threw in some extra for future wiring wires are all soldered and wrapped ofcourse. All connectors have been redone so far from my red running 89' the motor died so i took the distributor,coil,alternator It has had a major tune up plugs gapped at 32 wires,pcv,fuel filter,cap and rotor button I'm running the la3 with brown tops and big vam. Wires will be replaced tomorrow with ford. But also my oil and gas gauge don't work i have the right wires and the sending units worked before the swap. But i was thinking it could be the cluster I remember reading something about a regulator on the back is this true??
I disconnected the gauge and it seemed to go down in idle but didn't drop or anything.

Is there a way to test the gauge??
I'm gonna pull the one out of my red car tomorrow "Poor car I keep pulling parts from it"
But this thing has beat me up for two weeks and it didn't do this before I hope i gave the right info and sorry about the long read!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Sponsors (?)