Another reason why I hate the post office......

red94fiveo

Apr 12, 2003
Wichita, KS
OK, so theres not much tech in this one, but I am going to rant anyway because I love the post office so much, this one is almost as good as the priority mail that took 9 days......

I sold my MSD digital 6 this week for $260 and the guy sent me a money order. I go to the second biggest post office in Wichita (population 350,000) this morning to cash it, and they inform me that they haven't done enough cash transactions this morning, so they can't cash it. The f***ing United States Post Office (and a big one) doesn't have $260, gimme a break! They asked if I could "come back later today", well no I have to work until 7 tonight. If the post office is going to issue money orders, they need to be able carry the cash on hand to cash them, period. I hate the f***ing post office so much, sorry about the rant.

• Sponsors (?)

I work at a bank and we DON'T cash them without an account. If we cash one and don't have recourse, we are out the money if the MO is bad. Most supermarkets do usually cash them with a fee, usually 3-5% or $5.00; whichever is more. I assume you have a bank account because of all the things you've done to your car, they should cash it there if you have matching funds.

Mark...any Bank most certainly will take a US Postal Money Order...that's just about as good as going with a Cashiers Check.

Screw the Post Office and just go find a bank to do it at. Only difference between a US Postal Money Order and a regular one is that a Postal Money order is ISSUED by the Post Office, that is all.