Another stupid muffler question...

ohioman911

Nov 16, 2003
Florida
Ok, I'm gonna beat this horse to death again if I may. I've got an 02 GT that I'd like to get a little more sound out of. I'm pretty happy overall w/the stock pipes, so I am looking at just the mufflers. I know this is subjective, but I'm hoping someone has had some experience here. I'm thinking of the Magnaflow, or Dynomax, etc. Also, anyone use 18" instead of the standard 14" mufflers? I really don't want no stinkin' drone...

Thanks,
Ohioman :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the Mac Flowpath stainless steel mufflers on my '03 GT. The drone just wore me down after a while. I replaced them with Dynomax Super Turbos. Way deep sound at idle, very, very narrow band of drone (about 1900-2100 RPM) at cruise, and sound pretty healthy at WOT. I'm happy I made the switch.

Jerry

mufflers

Ijust put a custommade x-pipe and V-force Mufflers, theysound sweet low toned but loud enough to get peoples attention and have other GTs ram there cars to try to compete, Im a flow master die hard but when I researched it it gave up to 5-7.1 more horse power even though you really vant feel that many horses but I sure feel then with all my mods together, look them up see if you like them :D

ohioman911 said:
Ok, I'm gonna beat this horse to death again if I may. I've got an 02 GT that I'd like to get a little more sound out of. I'm pretty happy overall w/the stock pipes, so I am looking at just the mufflers. I know this is subjective, but I'm hoping someone has had some experience here. I'm thinking of the Magnaflow, or Dynomax, etc. Also, anyone use 18" instead of the standard 14" mufflers? I really don't want no stinkin' drone...

Thanks,
Ohioman :shrug:

You could kill the drone by using a 14" on one side and a 18" on the other. The Lincoln Mark VII LSCs with the 5.0LHO used this trick along with a slightly different pipe diameter on each side. However, using the same muffler with different lengths alone would kill most of the drone.