Another Turbo Fox Build Thread

Ugh, today involved way more cussing and swearing then yesterday. And it feels like I got a lot less done. Lol.

Started by going to town to pick up some vac. line, some bolts, a tap for the pan, and a rubber plug to block off my pcv.

View attachment 210386

Got my intake back on, and some odds and ends under the hood done.

DSC_0086-1.jpg

Finished wiring up my wideband, so the pillar mount is ready to be installed.

DSC_0088-2.jpg

Then I put my y-pipe together, I was surprised how well everything lined up.

DSC_0089.jpg

But, there hasn't been much success getting the cold side situated. My dad and I have been fighting it all day. And it still either hits the crossover pipe, or gets in the way of the fan shroud.

This week I'll take my MAF flange, and wideband bung, and have them tig'd at work.

• Sponsors (?)

Random question, but you have the air bag steering wheel, but the pre 1990 gauges that only go to 85 :scratch:

Am I off on this one? Is it because it was a "swapped" meaning it was a 4 popper?

Does anyone know if the blow through style PMAS meters need to be mounted straight up and down? And will a coupler 2in ahead towards the intake interfere with readings?

I try to keep the sensor in the path of the air, towards the top side of the tube/path, the connector shouldnt bother it one bit....

Your meter is in the passenger inner fender right?

dropping a full tank by yourself is a huge pain! just did mine.
gonna put clamps or small zip ties on that vaccuum line?

Yeah, I still have to go through and zip tie at all the fittings. Don't want to be popping them off left and right. Lol

Random question, but you have the air bag steering wheel, but the pre 1990 gauges that only go to 85 :scratch:

Am I off on this one? Is it because it was a "swapped" meaning it was a 4 popper?

Yeah, I'm too cheap to spend $80 on a 140mph V8 cluster. So the tach doesn't read right, and I have a crappy speedo.

I try to keep the sensor in the path of the air, towards the top side of the tube/path, the connector shouldnt bother it one bit....

Your meter is in the passenger inner fender right?

Alright. And yes, it's gonna be in the passenger fender.

basics
Dart block 3.25" stroke, 4.125" bore
Ported AFR225's
Canfield Spyder-large port design
RNH custom soilid roller
76mm GT-42 ball bearing turbo
TKO-900
60lb inj
Pro-M protube meter
fully built rear and suspension
fully funtional a/c and heat, true daily driven street car
670HP/600TQ @ 9psi :D stopped pulls at 7000rpm and it was still making more power

I'd like to put 18psi to it and make 800-900RWHP which I think I can do easily, if I don't run out of fuel.

Not trying to hijack but Rick how did you route your downpipe? And what size is it? Where did you squeeze that thing?

And good work Lance, moving a long steady.

I think all these cars are hard to handle when you get over 400 hp, but once you put a spool in that all changes, even when I blow the tires off in 3rd the car still points straight there is not wandering like with a posi.

I think it would be great fun to take this car back to the guy you baught it from when your all done and tell him that the car has devloped a weird whistle and that you want your money back.

I think all these cars are hard to handle when you get over 400 hp, but once you put a spool in that all changes, even when I blow the tires off in 3rd the car still points straight there is not wandering like with a posi.

I think it would be great fun to take this car back to the guy you baught it from when your all done and tell him that the car has devloped a weird whistle and that you want your money back.

I know what you mean, it seems worse when you have a worn out posi unit (like mine). Just trying to snag 2nd can catch me off guard sometimes.

He would definitely be surprised. Lol. Because he sold it to me with the engine sitting next to it. :p

Finally got my stuff welded up today at work. And no, I didn't do it. I left that to someone who's actually done it before. :p

DSC_0098.jpg

Hopefully this was the last purchase to make the car start up.

View attachment 210042

Air meter installed.

DSC_0103.jpg

Wideband installed. Innovate needs to get their directions straightened out, because what the paper I got with the unit. And what their website said were not the same.

DSC_0104.jpg

And the shorter fl-910 filter does fit, but not by much. About an 1/8" of clearance. And I dunno if I like the idea of running a smaller oil filter. Plan to do a relocation in the near future.

View attachment 210045

Maybe this weekend it will start.... Or not. Lol.