Another Turbo Fox Build Thread

well your so close right now you might as well take your fenders off and run all your wires behind them, that will keep your engine bay clean and keep heat away from everything. I would rig up your oil filter under there if that wold work. I did it put my vacumme manifold in there as well. only had to lengthen a couple wires too.

those welds are great, i would die to weld like that, i could get alot more done.

• Sponsors (?)

Lance awsome work dude!Those directions sounds like this other company i know of :rlaugh: i get my flange hopefully thursday of next week then i'm taking mine to work and tig it in also (but i will do it)The only bad thing about a smaller oil filter is i would change it more often then the normal rate.But definitly a relocation kit is a must!Are you doing a blanket for the turbo? peace

john:p

well your so close right now you might as well take your fenders off and run all your wires behind them, that will keep your engine bay clean and keep heat away from everything. I would rig up your oil filter under there if that wold work. I did it put my vacumme manifold in there as well. only had to lengthen a couple wires too.

those welds are great, i would die to weld like that, i could get alot more done.

I actually ran the wires earlier this summer when I had some time off. :nice:

DSC_010854.jpg

Lance awsome work dude!Those directions sounds like this other company i know of :rlaugh: i get my flange hopefully thursday of next week then i'm taking mine to work and tig it in also (but i will do it)The only bad thing about a smaller oil filter is i would change it more often then the normal rate.But definitly a relocation kit is a must!Are you doing a blanket for the turbo? peace

Yeah, I wouldn't really call what they send directions. That's more like a quick start guide. Lol There have been quite a few times during the install when I just sat there thinking WTF do I do now?

I had to go into town today and get a new set of allen heads to mount my meter to the flange. The set he sends are too short, can't even get them to thread in. I'm not sure if you're meter is as thick as mine.
I wanna say the replacement size was an M4 with a 12 length? You'll wanna double check the length.

Yeah, I'm going to order my blanket when I get payed tomorrow. That legit company is PTPturboblankets isn't it? I read about you're headache with the last guy on fleabay.

Not trying to hijack but Rick how did you route your downpipe? And what size is it? Where did you squeeze that thing?

And good work Lance, moving a long steady.

Believe it or not the 3.5" downpipe fits underneath the passenger side manifold and snakes down underneath the car, one of the only parts of the HP kit that actually fit pretty decent..lol Just misses the bellhousing and firewall, then I made a 3.5" system and put a 3.5" Bullet muffler in the stock location on the passenger side.

I actually ran the wires earlier this summer when I had some time off. :nice:

DSC_010854.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't really call what they send directions. That's more like a quick start guide. Lol There have been quite a few times during the install when I just sat there thinking WTF do I do now?

I had to go into town today and get a new set of allen heads to mount my meter to the flange. The set he sends are too short, can't even get them to thread in. I'm not sure if you're meter is as thick as mine.
I wanna say the replacement size was an M4 with a 12 length? You'll wanna double check the length.

Yeah, I'm going to order my blanket when I get payed tomorrow. That legit company is PTPturboblankets isn't it? I read about you're headache with the last guy on fleabay.

Yes he is the guy,did you see my post on corral in the thread?Are you going to the rod run next weekend? peace

I really like my DEI blanket, very nice piece and is show worthy... another option for you which is much cheaper is VS Racing, they ahve silver and black for under $100.

He is over on turbomustangs a lot, nice guy 972-987-5607 VS Racing

I got my black blanket for $69 with shipping,well it was free shipping.To bad i paid for it on the 13tth and it took ebay stepping in for him to ship it.It said 2-3 days shipping,i just got it yesturday! peace

It's been a long day. But I was determined to drive this thing around the block today, and I did. Lol.
All I can say is WOW! Set the timing at 20*, pulled the spout and unplugged the o2's. Driveability is pretty horrible right now, it bucks and won't idle at all. But my A/F was around 12.5 or so during wide open throttle, and it's making right at 10lbs off the wastegate.
Man what a rush. :D

The worst part was having to hack away at my bumper. :( I'm not sure if this is how bad everyones is. But I guess it's just part of the game.

DSC_0106.jpg

This is how the car is sitting as of tonight. Complete with custom tube sock breather. :p

DSC_0109.jpg

Front bumper looks awesome, it's well worth it to cut your bumper for that. I'm going to cut mine some more in the future, IAT's are much more important than how the car looks IMO and in no way does yours look bad if you know what I mean ;)

That doesn't look hateful, I ended up remaking the pipes that came with the HP kit to make them fit properly in there, miss the cobra's fog lights and tuck in the bumper.

It seems almost none of the turbo kits fits perfect, there are differences from shell to shell from Ford that I have noticed over the years but the bumper covers are pretty consitant. It looks like your kit was based off a GT style front bumper cover, not the LX.

Daves car is H/C/I amongst other things with a Hellion kit.

Why did you lock it out at 20 degrees? If your not running a chip having the 02's disconnected will put it into a safe mode, it will run like a terd ;)

That doesn't look hateful, I ended up remaking the pipes that came with the HP kit to make them fit properly in there, miss the cobra's fog lights and tuck in the bumper.

It seems almost none of the turbo kits fits perfect, there are differences from shell to shell from Ford that I have noticed over the years but the bumper covers are pretty consitant. It looks like your kit was based off a GT style front bumper cover, not the LX.

Daves car is H/C/I amongst other things with a Hellion kit.

Why did you lock it out at 20 degrees? If your not running a chip having the 02's disconnected will put it into a safe mode, it will run like a terd ;)

The kit was mocked up using a gt bumper cover, I was just comparing to what some of the LX guys over on Corral did to their covers. But I have noticed that some people are cutting out the actual bumper. So that might be how the are getting the room.

About the timing, was just something I read a few people doing. And yes, it does run like a turd, until WOT. Lol.
I ordered my Moates Chip and Binary editor to start tuning with. I hear Chris from Power Adder Solutions is pretty good with the Moates setup?

pictures are gone.

Yeah, I dunno whats going on. The pictures in John's thread are gone and I can't get photobucket to load. :shrug: