Another Turbo Fox Build Thread

My car is Exploder Intake, Stock Cam, TFS TW heads with the Hellion kit running GM Coilpacks blah blah blah. Slower than dirt for the power it makes but I race at an "uphill" Bristol with DA's well over 3500' and a TKO 600 that's a POS...but that's another story. ;) My car runs about the same MPH as a C6Z that races with us that has a filter kit and maybe a tune but can't say for sure...but enough about that. ;)

Car looks awesome, one of my favorite cars on here because of how simple/clean it is. I think you'll LOVE the turbo after you get it all settled in. Don't skimp on the tune though, it'll be a whole new car(yet again) after it gets tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I remember your TKO troubles when you first got your car to the track.

I've got my tuning/datalogging stuff on the way, so I can start doing some street tuning next weekend.

When you posted pictures up of your turbo project, it pushed me to start stashing money for mine. :D

Got my 90* coupler in the mail today, but it doesn't fit into the stock airbox hole in the fender panel. I'm hoping I can trim the coupler some and get it to squeeze in there, really don't want to hack up the inner fender.

Also, anyone here know if a filter off a BBK CAI would be sufficient for my turbo application?

View attachment 209675

Yeah that would work i was thinking you just left it all the way open nothing!Where do you get the screen at?A few guys here run that stuff i just never talk with them about it.peace

john:p

A lot of people do it. The main reason being their isn't room for a proper filter. At 12lbs and up, people have seen 20-25whp gains on a dyno when the tuner pulls the worthless little filter off.

Until I decide on a filter, I'm doing the same thing, except I'll draw the air for mine from the inner fender.

A lot of people do it. The main reason being their isn't room for a proper filter. At 12lbs and up, people have seen 20-25whp gains on a dyno when the tuner pulls the worthless little filter off.

Until I decide on a filter, I'm doing the same thing, except I'll draw the air for mine from the inner fender.

1. It just seems invitation for disaster. Murphy's Law. I'd be on pins and needles every time I got stuck behind a big truck that kicked up a gravel dust cloud, and I'd lose sleep at night worrying about what it's doing to my cylinder walls.

2. I'd gladly give up 25rwhp knowing that my engine was breathing clean air. Besides, can't you make up for it by bumping up the boooooost a point or two?

Not knocking anybody for doing what they do. I'm just not the type of person to take risks, and a filter seems like cheap insurance. :shrug:

1. It just seems invitation for disaster. Murphy's Law. I'd be on pins and needles every time I got stuck behind a big truck that kicked up a gravel dust cloud, and I'd lose sleep at night worrying about what it's doing to my cylinder walls.

2. I'd gladly give up 25rwhp knowing that my engine was breathing clean air. Besides, can't you make up for it by bumping up the boooooost a point or two?

Not knocking anybody for doing what they do. I'm just not the type of person to take risks, and a filter seems like cheap insurance. :shrug:

The other problem with running a tiny filter right off the inducer is, I guess it puts a thrust load on the compressor wheel. Which is hard on turbos.

I agree, I don't wanna run my car without a filter. But I also don't want to choke the thing up with some little honda accord CAI filter.

On another forum someone is installing an On3 kit and has had alot of issues with exhaust fit, needing to get a bunch of fabricating done extending pipes etc. Any problems on yours?

My crossover pipe isn't 100% straight between the headers. Other than that, my hot side all lined up fine.
My coldside has some to be desired, it all went together. But some of the coupler joints could have come together a little better.

Is the guy you are reffering to running a stock K-member? Stock motor mounts? How low is his car?

All these things change fitment.