Another Turbo Fox Build Thread

Yeah everything he is running is stock, seems like he has had nothing but issues. I am thinking of getting one of these kits too, just want to see what is what.

I'm beginning to think that some people just can't handle it when things aren't as easy as just an A-B swap. I've heard so many people say "OMGWTFBBQ On3 suxors!!!1!" And then I hear other people say "On3 FTMFWinnar!!!" That it's getting to the point where I have to think that some of these people are just doing it wrong, or they aren't telling you something. Like that their car has been sawed in half and welded back together. :p

• Sponsors (?)

^ +1

NO turbo kit is going to fit 100% out of the box IMO. So id go into that project with the mindset that i will need to fab and get creative on some things. Regardless if i got the 2k on3 kit, or the 6k hellion turbo kit.

Progress has been very slow since last weekend. I think I wrapped my other crossover pipe. Lol

I was hoping my Moates chip would come in before this weekend, but no such luck. So I guess I'll be doing some more jackstand racing for now.

I spaced checking the oil. I'll get to it in the morning. The only place I've seen coolant was out of the cap last time I drove it.

I'm wondering if I lifted a head and filled the coolant system with air? Maybe its overheating because the t stat is air locked.

Having air in the coolant is not uncommon after having the car completely apart... Start it up with the front end jacked up and monitor it to make sure you see good flow and it will burp the air out....

Well, I pulled the dip stick and the oil was nice and milky. So I tore it down this afternoon, I guess I'm not good at diagnosing a blown head gasket.

Does this piston look like it was getting water to it? I see the clean spot in the corner next to the water jacket.

Attachments

• IMAG0007-1.jpg
    IMAG0007-1.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 126
Well, I pulled the dip stick and the oil was nice and milky. So I tore it down this afternoon, I guess I'm not good at diagnosing a blown head gasket.

Does this piston look like it was getting water to it? I see the clean spot in the corner next to the water jacket.

Ouch... hard to tell but it could be getting a little water. Do you have a picture of the gasket? What do the valves look like in that cylinder?