Another which intake, gear, question....(but look anyway)

:nice: 302....
B4 you ask....yes I did do a search..... :nice:

On a realistic budget, got a motor w/the standard upgrades....GT40 heads, FCam.

My question is which intake and throttle body to mate to that cam? Heard that uptop the cam is great, down low is where it will suffer......Probably need an intake that will compensate for that down low power loss since it will be on the street quite a bit.....

Second which Gear? Don't want/need to go too high (in the fours) is there a halfway gear so to speak that I can use, that will get me going in a hurry, but still be feasible on the street.....Are the cobra intakes, and the guy who is doing the porting on here similar? Or can I listen to myself and get an edelbrock or twisted wedge intake :D

Car will be driven about 80% of the time on the street......Would like to hit a 12 on the track though....

Thanks in Advance
Steve Chambers

• Sponsors (?)

I think the Cobra/GT-40/Explorer intake would be a good if not perfect match for those heads/cam. 65-70mm TB would be good too.

TMoss does awesome work on the lower intake manifolds. He can open up a stock one to flow better then a Edelbrock/Trick flow.

I think 3.55 gears would be very suitable also. I have them and my car and I think they are very streetable with alot of bite too.

Go with the Cobra/Explorer Intake. The intake is the same or better as the Trick Flow or Edelbrock Intake plus is enginered by Ford Motorsports so is tuned the best for the engine. For the gear I have better luck with the 3:73. Good Luck with the stang