Antenna Base Threads

DoglipsFL

Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone I'm brand new to this forum so please be gentle. I just purchased a 2005 Mustang GT, it has an antenna base attached to the passenger side front fender. There is no threads in this base to install an antenna? I saw a post from a couple of years ago from Tony Statis and Mehall in which they seemed to have had the same issue. There were replies but there never really was an answer given of why there were no threads and if there are no threads how can you screw in an antenna? Please any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanx
DoglipsFL

• Sponsors (?)

Just bought a 2006 V6. I bought a replacement antenna for it. The stock antenna has a long smooth part on the shaft before the threads start. So the top part of the base is just a smooth cylinder until the depth is about 1/2 or 3/4 inch. Then the threads start. At least that's how it is with mine.

My car came with a replacement fender without the embedded nuts. I just used a lockwasher and nut, and by torturing my hand was able to get them on the screws. Use any screw/nut that fits. Easy.