Anti-lock braking. Good/Bad?

• Sponsors (?)

I guess if you're really concerned about slamming on the brakes a lot -:shrug:
Don't know if there's a a kit or not, but honestly I've thanked God I had them a time, or maybe 2. Even though the stock size rotors, and calipers faded a noticeable amount (had to pump the pedal some :eek:).

They didn't lock up though.
I'm sure the dealer has the few extra parts needed to add ABS.
BTW - ABS is good, but if you know you'll never use it you may not really need it.

Yeah, Alrox and Marks5.0 are right. It is an option now. I even looked it up on the internet. It even said Ford took it from being standard on Premium to making it an option ($700). My 40th Anniversary Crimson Red GT Premium edition didn't come with it either. Anything to make more money for Ford

you can have trac control w/o abs. trac control is only a limited slip differential at the rear axle and doesn't really connected to the braking system directly but they are good tandem. About the question of is ABS good or bad, well it really depend on the driver, most advance drivers; especially rally sport drivers hates ABS because it does the braking for them and it really slow them down. average drivers like ABS because it really helps them in emergency situations. personally i rather not have it because it's hard for me to drift. Oh yeah your insurance would prefer you to have ABS, it's a satey discount

jammin7998 said:
you can have trac control w/o abs. trac control is only a limited slip differential at the rear axle and doesn't really connected to the braking system directly but they are good tandem. About the question of is ABS good or bad, well it really depend on the driver, most advance drivers; especially rally sport drivers hates ABS because it does the braking for them and it really slow them down. average drivers like ABS because it really helps them in emergency situations. personally i rather not have it because it's hard for me to drift. Oh yeah your insurance would prefer you to have ABS, it's a satey discount
what, no
ABS is required for trac control

jammin7998 said:
As an option, you don't just get ABS, they are a package that comes together. IF you notice what the option says, ABS/Traction Control, they come together. So if you do it yourself you can do one without the other, but not as the option from Ford on the 2004

:confused: what.... thats a safety feature... like airbags.. umm OK
I can see TCS but ABS... thats odd.. very odd..

Ima call ford tomorrow and see why they did this..
Also your insurance will be higher sence you have no ABS..