Anti-Theft Light

Chrisnorris44

Jan 9, 2019
Knox
I recently bought a 2002 Mustang GT from IAAI, it didn't have a key with it so I switched the ignition from another mustang that I had that was wrecked, well after switching the ignition, I tried to start it to hear how it ran and the "THEFT" light was flashing and it wouldn't turn on. Does anyone know how to get rid of it so I can start it?

• Sponsors (?)

The fuel pump turns off so it doesn't start because of the Theft sensor, would it run ifI wired the fuel pump directly to something that stays on as soon as you turn the keys, like for example the radio or the dashboard? Or wire it into a switch from taking power from the battery directly and negative from the fuel pump, so when I flip the switch it turns on?

You don't have to change the door locks, they can cut a cheap key for the doors. The ignition key will be what is called a remote head key, it has the buttons to lock/arm the alarm and unlock the door, I would still get a couple cheap keys cut for the doors, a good locksmith could 'rekey' the doors or ignition to match but it is more money.