ANY GOOD races lately?

• Sponsors (?)

saleenster said:
Did you stumble along by by chance last night? Be safe Jordan, and hope to meet you going down the road in the very near future so we can put your cobra to rest:D
I even went up to Vancouver Mall but no action, went back to starbucks but only the porsche guy was there. Met with some of the "ricer" crowd on the other side. Funny thing was they had a 96-98 Cobra, a 99 GT vert and two other 96-98 stangs sitting there. Of course they weren't into getting beat by my Cobra so no races there.... They had some nice eye candy with them though...:D

jordanvraptor said:
I even went up to Vancouver Mall but no action, went back to starbucks but only the porsche guy was there. Met with some of the "ricer" crowd on the other side. Funny thing was they had a 96-98 Cobra, a 99 GT vert and two other 96-98 stangs sitting there. Of course they weren't into getting beat by my Cobra so no races there.... They had some nice eye candy with them though...:D

You say Vancouver Mall, but did you actually go over the Target where they meet? I cant believe there was nobody there if that is where you went.

jordanvraptor said:
Funny thing was they had a 96-98 Cobra, a 99 GT vert and two other 96-98 stangs sitting there. Of course they weren't into getting beat by my Cobra so no races there.... They had some nice eye candy with them though...:D

Was the cobra white? Was the 99 GT vert a black one? If so, those kids are morons.

jordanvraptor said:
Maybe they all bought trucks...:D :flag:

DSC06577.jpg

DSC06430.jpg

jordanvraptor said:
Maybe they all bought trucks...:D :flag:
:p :D Its funny but I didn't realize that truck owners are very similar to mustang owners as far as the camaraderie but not as prejudice:p But as far as the drive by wave, and no I dont mean the ricers drive by:nonono: lol.. I went to get some groceries today and parked in the far 40 by myself and came out and there was a new toyota tundra p/u, older toyota p/u and a new chevy truck all parked next to me with a parking space between all of us.. it was pretty funny after I finished shopping and went to my truck I thought I was at a truck meet:nice:

Just took The Skunk to the store. Parked it beside a 4-door Acura with a big-@ss wing, and came out to find the Acura pilot and his cute little Asian girlfriend staring at my ride.

"Hey," I said, unclicking the alarm. Boop-BWEEP!

"Sweet header," he was pointing at the Hilborn.

I fought back a pained look, opened the door, and popped the hood. "That's not a header. It's a cold-air intake. C'mere, check it out.

"The engine is an air pump. Air goes in, air goes out. The more air, the faster the car. With me so far?" He nodded.

"Intake," I pointed to the Hilborn. "Carburetors. Mix fuel and air. Gas here, air from here. Intake manifold, this one's old dragster technology. Heads. V-8, means it's shaped like a V, so there's one head here, one head here. Headers, come out of the heads. Intake increases airflow in, headers increase airflow out. All about the airflow. You don't need that wing until you get a $#!+load more airflow."

"A'ight. Cool."

I punched his knuckles. "Have a nice day."

When I fired up The Skunk, it set off his alarm.

i had one the other morning...i was cruising across base to meet up with a friend at our motorpool to do some work when this 300ZX (read, epitomy of a ricer) decided to "race" me. he would wait until i was behind someone, and then come ROARING past me...finally i get beside him, throw it in second so my exhaust is all crackly and i'm ready to POUNCE...i look right at him...he and his pal just stare at me like i just slashed their tires or something...so i punch it, kick the @$$ end out a little bit (was going about 35 or so) and leave them FAR behind...they didn't get next to me or anywhere near me for the rest of that trip. then i'm on my way back and i see this red 80's Vette (L98) with black ground effects. i stop at the light and didn't even look at him...i take off normal, and notice in my rear view that he is stopped...then i see his front end launch...here trusty 2nd geear! i throw it in 2nd, wait for him to be about even and STOMP it...i was putting some pretty big lengths on him by the time i see his front end bow in defeat...that was an interesting morning...

Josh

it has been a long time since i raced any one on the street the last one i remember was a few years ago the was this one 03 cobra with a kennybell that said he had a fast car but would never come to the track to race me so one sunday afternoon after a lot of bs talk i jumped in my beater camaro with a gutless procharged 502 and drove it from battleground wa to starbucks in beaverton to race him i never did find out the real finnish no one would post the video some couldnt handle what they would have seen:bang:

jordanvraptor said:
From my understanding I was told that there is no more hanging out aloud to happen at the Target/Hollywood Video parking lot anymore...I have no idea, but maybe they have found a new spot.:shrug:

Koal Burner said:
it has been a long time since i raced any one on the street the last one i remember was a few years ago the was this one 03 cobra with a kennybell that said he had a fast car but would never come to the track to race me so one sunday afternoon after a lot of bs talk i jumped in my beater camaro with a gutless procharged 502 and drove it from battleground wa to starbucks in beaverton to race him i never did find out the real finnish no one would post the video some couldnt handle what they would have seen:bang:

Lars we just raced a few wks back....Ford vs Chevy remember:D I should have used your draft to pass, but Chung was like..."Your gaining on him, of wait, he's starting to pull from us, chit you might pass him"......I want a rematch big man:D