Any info on Dunne Rite harness. 5.0 efi conversion 68 mustang.

Dan94GT

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2000
Titusville, FL
Hello. My Dads 68 we acquired a few months back has an EFI swap done with a "Dunne-Rite" performance Harness and Relay Panel. I cant seem to find any Diagrams online anywhere as it appears the company is no longer around.

Problem im having, is that the AC (aftermarket, though factory ac car) Does not seem to be connected to the EEC / correctly at least.
The computer runs an electric fan, but only when it gets to temperature, and not when its cool and the AC is running. Also because the computer dosnt know the AC is on it will idle rough and stall from the extra load. Will not stall if flipping off AC coming to a light. I know that the AC should have some kind Of WOT cut as well but dont know how that is to be accomplished either.

If anyone knows where I may find Info on this harness. or could shed some light on what needs added/ hooked up from the AC to the EEC Id much appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

Which EEC-IV is in the car? The common A9L/A9P from '86-93 Mustangs never controlled an electric fan because those cars had thermostatic fan clutches. WOT cut is probably determined through the TPS signal. I don't remember; I sold my '89 GT a very long time ago. The A/C idle up would have to be triggered by a sense wire that tells the ECU the compressor clutch is energized.

I would suggest tracking down a wiring diagram for the ECU you have and verifying that it's wired to the engine bay properly. The '86-95 5.0 forum will definitely have a diagram for those years of Mustang.

It "Should" be an A9L or the like. Someone pulled the sticker off so I dont know for sure. It has A Tweecer on it and I havent gotten into the tuning on it yet.

The Fox EEC does have the hardware to run a single speed fan. Sometime the pin has to be added to the connector. And things have to be changed in the program. But, it can be done and is already working in this car. Just dosnt do what it needs to in regard to the AC being on or off.