Any performance diff in a 225 vs 275 Drag Radial

• Sponsors (?)

NEEDA5.0 said:
Obviously the 275 looks better but it also costs more. Is there much of a difference in the traction I'll see with the 275 vs 225?

You will notice about 5 cm more traction :p Yes you will notice a better grip when you do drive it, even on the road. I am running 245's and my car is stock and I can still spin them anywhere in first gear.

mackey said:
You will notice about 5 cm more traction :p Yes you will notice a better grip when you do drive it, even on the road. I am running 245's and my car is stock and I can still spin them anywhere in first gear.

you can spin them anywhere? are they bald? i dont think that DRs should do that.

What's the rest of the size data on the tire? If you're putting them on the stock wheels there are 2 issues to be aware of. The first is that putting that width tire on a wheel that's too narrow for it won't allow all the tread to make contact. A 275 section tire shouldn't be used on a wheel any narrower than 9". You also need to look at the overall height of the tire. A larger diameter tire (taller) has the same impact as putting a lower numerical gear ratio in the car. So even though traction might be a bit better (no guarantees if you mount them on wheels that are too narrow), the taller tire may make the car accelerate less quickly.