Any problems with installing a 255 LPH pump with stock injectors?

LXSTASY

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2000
Long Island, NY
I have a steeda battery relocation kit on the way and I wanted to install it. I have read that dropping the tank would be a good idea considering you are drilling near it. While it was dropped I wanted to put a 255 lph pump in. At the present time I am running stock injectors and no adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Soon there will be a regualtor and 24# inkectors when the new combo goes in.
So basically will I have any problems with too much fuel or anything running stock injectors and no AFPR?

P.S. I have the regulator but I haven't installed it yet until the motor gets done.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

LXSTASY said:
I have a steeda battery relocation kit on the way and I wanted to install it. I have read that dropping the tank would be a good idea considering you are drilling near it. While it was dropped I wanted to put a 255 lph pump in. At the present time I am running stock injectors and no adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Soon there will be a regualtor and 24# inkectors when the new combo goes in.
So basically will I have any problems with too much fuel or anything running stock injectors and no AFPR?

P.S. I have the regulator but I haven't installed it yet until the motor gets done.

Dan

order a new tank filler gasket while your at it cause the old one probably will be torn and its better to do it now when u cahnge the pump rather than dropp it again after its already back on the car. about 15 bux at your ford dealer (you don't want gas leaking out of the tank).

You might find that your static FP is a couple PSI higher with the larger pump. No biggie as the puter will adjust the injector pulsewidth. Just a head's up there.......

Good luck and enjoy.

Well, I did notice a difference when I installed a Walbro 190 without an adjustable regulator. The idle was higher and softer, in that it would not snap back to idle quickly when I let off the gas. I just assume that the pressure was not exactly the same as a Ford stocker. It was drivable all right, but just did not have as clean of an idle. It cleaned right up however, when I added an adjustable regulator and dialed the pressure down a bit. Muscle Motors sold me the Walbro, a permanent mount gauge and an Accufab regulator for about as cheap as you could get (although I live in the hood and did not have to pay shipping).