Any recommedations on rear end covers?

lizard-jd

Dec 4, 2003
WPB, FL
I'm looking to replace the stock rear end girdle on my 02 GT Vert. I'm looking for greater strength, fluid capacity and cooling. The FRPP one is rather expensive. The MAC one costs a little less but I haven't installed any of their products yet. Currently, I'm thinking the TA Perf. I would appreciate any feedback from those of you using specific products.
:shrug:

Edit:Left off mods

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the Mac and I'm happy with it. Are you having gears done? I didn't see any mods listed. If so, just have it done with the gears. The replacement is simple - it's great to have a drain and filler plug on the cover. More than appearance, it's nice to make changing the diff lube easy. Make sure you torque the end cap supports down properly with any cover.

Jay

road rage said:
Trick Flow makes a good one. You can see it in the summit catolog or go online. www.summitracing.com

This is the one I put on (TFS-8510100). Nice quality and comes with arp bolts etc... It does not have a fill plug like some others, so you have to use the std. plug on the front of the axle to add the fluid. It does have a drain plug however. Not a big deal to me, since I have a pump and you have to remove the std plug to make sure you have the right amt of fluid anyway, but it is a big deal to some people.

tfs-8510100.jpg

Attachments

• tfs-8510100.jpg
    tfs-8510100.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 72
LI98GTStang said:
It does have a drain plug however. Not a big deal to me, since I have a pump and you have to remove the std plug to make sure you have the right amt of fluid anyway, but it is a big deal to some people.

Even with the fill on the cover I still use a pump - even with the axle hanging down there's not much room for a funnel.

Jay