any recommendations on differential shops Maricopa county to trust

aztecgwynn

Apr 3, 2015
So I want or better yet need my differential rebuilt, called about 6 shops from Phoenix Az all the way to Mesa Az and their prices are over the place from $900 all the way up to $1600 YIKES.
I have asked all of them I need full rebuild new ring and pinion, trac loc rebuild, axle bearings replaced, full rebuild. But I have let all of them know gears howling on left turns and I have play when I grab and twist drive shaft while car is off and in neutral. I have a few shops tell me they do not want to rebuild oem ford trac lok for what ever reason they have! The shops that quoted me at $1600 are ones who want to replace everything new!!
Please send me recommendations to who you have used and good/bad experience!!

• Sponsors (?)

Of a sp tells you they don't want to rebuild factory ford traction lock then don't deal with them at all. There's nothing complicated about rebuilding a ford 8.8 rear. The traction lock isn't complicated either. If they can't do that.... they don't know how to set up any rear.

Truck shoppers have always worked the best for quotes. The mustang 8.8 is the same as the 8.8 that's in several ford trucks. They'll make easy quick work of that rear.

Realistically.... you're looking at about 1000 to completely remove and rebuild the rear. If a shop charges more then I'd expect the rear cleaned and painted.... with atleast a 2yr warranty.