Any reviews on tubular k members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me, it should be interpreted as a review containing both good AND bad, so the person who cares to take the effort to be an informed consumer can get a rounded picture, without worrying that anything's been whitewashed or locked away.

Hey, I'm all for feedback on a company, or its product….as long as one has actual valid product feedback to give. There was a clearly stepped over line in this case and the last several regarding this subject matter between giving an honest opinion/review and choosing to capitalize on an opportunity to air ones personal agenda. The unprovoked trash talk and blanketed smear campaigns some would choose to lead with have no business here. That stuff goes bye-bye as do threads that contain them that turn into fox hunts and pissing matches.

It’s a shame that a potentially good thread can be so easily ruined by such acts, but if people want an objective outlet to air their opinion then let’s keep it that way. The moment it becomes littered with subjective banter and gratuitous cheap-shots, it becomes no good to anyone. It’s easy to point the finger at the establishment for thread clean up, closures and if deemed necessary, deletions and then scream censorship, but if people really want to blame someone for these outcomes, blame the ones who can’t resist entering and posting with an agenda in the first place.

Kenny Brown hasn't been in business for a couple years now.

They are now back in business again, are they not? http://www.kennybrown.com/ I currently have and have in the past had some of their chassis strengthening components on various vehicles and their quality is as good as any I've seen.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Kenny Brown hasn't been in business for a couple years now. In addition to MM, Griggs is also a preeminent and pioneering manufacturer of all things mustang suspension for road racing, K-members included, and I believe Steeda is still in the K-member business. Agent 47 (agentfortyseven.com) makes an SLA front end that's well-regarded as well.
There's also jme, for those who have tons of money to blow.
http://www.jmeenterprises.com/JME New Suspension.shtml

1. Steeda doesn't make their own, they sell QA1.
2. AJE-Adam Jones Engineering. One of the K-Member Creators.
3. PA- Not many people run this one.
4. TeamZ- I posted pictures earlier, it's top notch and priced competitively.
5. Maximum Motorsports- Pricey but excellent Quality.
6. UPR- Copied from others, people have had success with it.
7. Griggs if you can still find these in the market place.
8. D&D use to make a kit.
9. BMR copied UPR I believe.
10. There is another one that starts with a T. Yellow bullet.com forums has a section on this company.
11. Kenny Brown use to make a kit but I think they were for Modular cars.
12. Then there are some home made ones.

I have experience with QA1 and TeamZ.

I'm sure others can chime in.

MikeH686: Two of the hardest lessons that I've had to learn in this hobby are that you always get what you pay for, especially for performance car parts and to always buy the best product you can afford. The cheaper brands aren't cheaper because they want to charge you less. It's because they have cut corners someplace, whether in research and development, quality of materials or offshoring their production, all of which lower their cost. The quality of brands like Maximum Motorsports, Team Z and Griggs are all without question. They have all designed and built their own products in their own facilities in this country and I have never heard one complaint about any of those companies other than they cost more than others. Personally, I buy Maximum Motorsports products. So far I have purchased their subframe connectors, rear control arms and caster/camber plates. If you visit their website, they have very thorough descriptions of their various products and help you decide which one is best for you. You can also find the installation instructions for all of their products. By contrast, other companies that have been discussed here don't even include installation instructions with their parts and actually refer their customers to MM's site to get them. At this time, I'm saving my pennies to buy a Maximum Motorsport Panhard bar for my Saleen. Then it will be a torque arm. After that, a k-member. It's going to take me a few years to be able to do all this, but when it's done, I know my car will have the best quality parts available and that they will last me for the life of the car.

Im going to pull the trigger on a new tubular k member and im looking on uprproducts.com website and i had found one that i would like to purchase but i just have a question about the spring rate, my car came with lowering springs when i bought it, so how can i figure out what spring rate i need, the options are 130, 150, 175, 250, 350 and some have 12-250 and some are 14-130 so i can only figure that the 12 or 14 is the spring length, can somebody help me with what they have purchased and how they like it and what brands to stay away from, thanks guys

Our k-member kit is Made in America, it carries a Lifetime Guarantee, and because we sponsor this forum, we offer Stangnet members a 10% discount on our products.

There are many factors to take into consideration when choosing spring rates, so I'd recommend for you to call us at 561.588.6630 so that we can recommend the proper choice for your specific combination.

As for wythors, MFE, and others who have a personal vendetta against us but don't actually have any experience using our parts, you have to take their comments with a grain of salt. Some people like blondes, some like brunettes, some like Chevy, some like Ford. People tend to be passionate about what they like. What matters is this, UPR Products have proven to be reliable on the street, and our suspension wins races and championships all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.