ANY SUGGESTION FOR UPHOLSTERY BURNT BY

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy take off leather covers for a decent price. Probably less than $400 for a complete set. Replace them and then quit smoking in your car. I don't smoke and if I did I certainly would not in my car. I also don't eat or drink in it.

CIGARETTES? I know, I know, the first thing one of you is going to say is quit smoking. But for some reason i keep on noticing new burned holes in my car seats. I hate it!!!! Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do about them.....Thanks!
Tiffany

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2491868

Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany

Ok, I won't harp on the fact that you smoke and try to tell you to quit and your problems will go away, because I can see you have already explored that option.

But let me say this and please don't be offended, but you must be a pretty sloppy smoker to keep getting seat burns.

My wife of 31 years smoked in "Her Car" all the time ( I don't smoke BTW) and I don't remember her ever burning a car seat. Her car always smelled nasty from the smoking but no burns. I think you need to be more careful with lit smoking material before you burn your car to the ground. My wife did however, die of lung cancer three years ago.

As for how to fix the burnt seats, I don't think you can actually repair them, but recovering could be an option.

These people have new Mustang seat coverings from time to time I don't know what year and model you have.

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=134

There are sometimes whole seats or covers on eBay as well

Asiding from harping on you smoking in your car. I have to agree with Casey4s you must be a sloppy smoker, My Dad had several Mustangs and two trucks no burns in them. It wasn't until later in life when his liver was going bad from meds (not drinking) that he burnt a couple holes in the couch at home. Even at that, it's a big risk that you could burn your car up. Which I know someone that had just bought a Suzuki SUV and liked to burnt it to the ground in the first week. Just be careful with that stuff.