Any way to tell if my car is modified?

That's the rear end. And hey I've never noticed that bar before, is that a subframe connector of some kind?

Attachments

• 15941657320831975103046377199260.jpg
    15941657320831975103046377199260.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 1594165782318252323620655575297.jpg
    1594165782318252323620655575297.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

Mike-mike-mike-mike-mike
Look he thinks it's fast. I think there is a possibility that it is fast. Fast is a relative term. It is fast compared to a prius. It's fast compared to the dump truck. I remember the first time my car got loose on me, it was fun.
You are real quick to piss in a new members wheaties.
And yeah, he said 'prolly' :rlaugh:
You're right...and since you’re talking in relative terms, just because he thinks it’s fast doesn’t make it so.
And along the same lines,.Because of this thread All of the statistical data that has ever come from Ford, or from the aftermarket has single-handidly been proven false.

Those clueless guys that clocked these cars at Road and Track, Motor trend, Car and Driver, hell even Ford themselves clocked that car at 7.2-7.3 seconds in stock trim. ( Those fools, if they only had a buddy in the front seat with them with a stop watch while you wailed on the car while watching the speedometer, instead of using their namby-pamby radar, and optical sensors, speed traps they'd have come up with more real world data just like our guy here)
Then, shame on the aftermarket for having us believe that you have to buy all of that worthless performance stuff to upgrade your engine, when ol dude here has found some mega-sleeper magic that can take an engine that has been rated at the factory for years as only having 210 hp, and literally DO NOTHING to add over 150hp to get that thing to shave off 2.3 seconds off of its 0-60 time. Something that the rest of us poor slobs have believed would require heads, a cam, a new intake, exhaust, and maybe,....just maybe a 50 shot of nitrous to get it there.

We are all fools!

You're right...and since you’re talking in relative terms, just because he thinks it’s fast doesn’t make it so.
And along the same lines,.Because of this thread All of the statistical data that has ever come from Ford, or from the aftermarket has single-handidly been proven false.

Those clueless guys that clocked these cars at Road and Track, Motor trend, Car and Driver, hell even Ford themselves clocked that car at 7.2-7.3 seconds in stock trim. ( Those fools, if they only had a buddy in the front seat with them with a stop watch while you wailed on the car while watching the speedometer, instead of using their namby-pamby radar, and optical sensors, speed traps they'd have come up with more real world data just like our guy here)
Then, shame on the aftermarket for having us believe that you have to buy all of that worthless performance stuff to upgrade your engine, when ol dude here has found some mega-sleeper magic that can take an engine that has been rated at the factory for years as only having 210 hp, and literally DO NOTHING to add over 150hp to get that thing to shave off 2.3 seconds off of its 0-60 time. Something that the rest of us poor slobs have believed would require heads, a cam, a new intake, exhaust, and maybe,....just maybe a 50 shot of nitrous to get it there.

We are all fools!
I thought stock was 6.8 for that year?

:nonono:
you miss the point, doesn't surprise me. If you want to be accurate in 1985 car and driver did 0-60 in 6.5 sec.
But lets not derail this thread with your nay-say'n 'it ain't worth nothin cause it's a belly button 5.0' BS.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
You guys may think this is cool too, I just picked this up last Friday. It's an 88 and I got it for a steal. I love fox body mustangs but I really like old fords.

Attachments

• 15941687446001735152996306259586.jpg
    15941687446001735152996306259586.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 103
  • 15941688039665063625449344418022.jpg
    15941688039665063625449344418022.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: 2 users
You guys may think this is cool too, I just picked this up last Friday. It's an 88 and I got it for a steal. I love fox body mustangs but I really like old fords.

Nice find! I love Broncos and even the Bronco II which some people seem to dislike. They're impossible to find around here, and if you do find one, don't sneeze on it cause it'll fall apart from the rust.

Our local ford dealership is having an event next week for the new Bronco release that I'm going to. I know they just want to have people pre-order them, but I'm just there to check it out and for the free food of course.

Reactions: 1 user
And, I'm not trying to push this as being other than stock. The whole reason I bought it was because I thought it was stock lol. I don't want it modified at all to be crystal clear.

You're good bud, most of us know where you are coming from. Enjoy the car, it's a sweet ride.

I know right. I really wish they would make cars as simple as they used to. My dad always said he bought his 85 s10 4x4 for 5000 bucks brand new and didn't even have to take a loan on it. And I miss the manual even more. Still, I am kinda excited about the new bronco I will admit.

Yeah, I'm excited to see the new one but I know it'll be too much vehicle for me. I'd really like to find a mid to early 80'S slant nose Bronco with a 351 and manual, but they seem to be few and far in between. Buying a new vehicle nowadays can be like buying a house, especially if you need a diesel truck. And you can't even get them in manual anymore.

I guess the new one is supposed to come with the v8 and have an optional manual with optional removable doors and hard top. But I'm sure that's alot more than the 30 grand starting price with all the goodies. Why don't they just make an engine on wheels so we all can buy one.

Am I the only one that noticed the T tops ? That is a really nice car.

As far as we know it could have a B cam in it.

Very nice car man. I've been searching for a t top car for a long time. Just can't ever seem to find one worth buying.

I know dude that was huge for me I didn't even know they made them until I saw it. I've still not even seen one at the st ignace car show. Bummer is this was gonna be the first year I put it in it. They do leak though fyi. Gotta replace the seals. And what's a b cam?

Cool car. How many miles on it? Every car deserves to be modded. If its got exhaust already, get some headers on that thing.

If you're not used to driving "fast" cars, or have never driven a foxbody or v8 manual car. It will def. Feel fast. Just thinking back to my first drive in a fox when i was 16.

86000 miles. Prolly 3 from me. First owner used it as a summer daily driver. Second owner never drove it. And yeah I never drove a real sports car before this. It's a pretty cool feeling having the power to just be able to pass at will. I do think after market headers would look cool but I dont know if any would be able to work with my air cleaner. It has to be able to pull directly from the exhaust.