Any winter stang drivers?

• Sponsors (?)

I agree get 4 Blizzak snow tires, or keep the car in the driveway! :)
BTW, snow tires wear down QUICKLY! And, Blizzak(and other "ice" tires) wear down the first ~1/2 VERY QUICKLY since that's the layer/level that stops on ice.

Very Simply: To get grip on ice, the thread is make with a bunch of air holes. These holes then act like suction cups. Without a tire design like that, a tire will NOT DO SQUAT ON ICE! However, those holes also mean less tread, which means even less tread life for the already soft snow tire tread.

If you want just snow, and do not care about ice stopping performance, then get a commercial-grade snow tire. They last a while. Where I live (major city), we get a lot of ice on the roads, and at every stop sign and stop light, there is packed slippery snow/ice during after a snow/ice storm. I also live in New England - that means every street is a HILL! And, I live in a very hilly area (again, kinda redundant saying that and living in New England :)). So, for me, ice stopping performance is very important.

And, of course, mount the snows on separate rims. People like me give Fox rims away to any sucker (uhm, I mean intelligent person :)) that will take them.

I have my 4 Blizzak snow tires so that I can drive my car every 1-2 weeks in the winter. It MEGA SUCKED to see my car sitting for 4-6 months! Even during a bad winter here, there is often 1-2 days with decent road and weather conditions every 1-2 weeks. So, those are days to drive the Stang to work.

Without snows, my Stang is a death trap on wheels! Especially since I typically run summer-only tires on my Stang. BTW, buying summer-only ultra performance tires from tire rack means swearing on a stack of bibles that you know that they are warm/hot weather only tires! And, no *****! Under ~50F, and the tires suck on the highway - very little grip. Under 50F with rain and the highway, and it's like skating! :O

Drive home from Cody's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331086092.515536.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331086092.515536.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 71