Any Young Mustang owners out there??????

hey its cool...i dont care tellin the price. I think the guy was selling it for like 3200. We got it down to 2800. Pretty sweet deal when we started getting into it and realizing how much stuff actually worked perfectly.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah...luckily the guy we bought it from thought a bunch of things were gonna take a lot of fixing...for example the A/C. Just one wire replaced and bam....a/c never felt so good. But yeah the a/c kits cost like over 1000 dollars. Sucks man...you can always roll down the windows like a lot of fellas in here.

21 here, am I old???

Check sig thats what I've got right now. Have had others.

Mustangs are my passion. :)

My first car was my fastback love at first sight. Even with the springtime original yellow it had. :)

I still remember the first time I drove it to school.

i was about 15 when i got my coupe, and now im 21. the BEST money i have ever spent on that car was on a reprint of the original shop manual, the thing is worth its weight in something expensive. and don't let anyone talk you out of a v-8 swap. yes, it may cost more, but the learning experience, i think, is well worth it.

you want advice? i'll give it to you but it aint pretty.

#1- rust, fix it, if its surface por 15 it, if not section and weld it then por 15 it. if you cant weld take classes at votech. dont pay anybody to do anything
you can learn yourself.
#2- electrical, if you don't know the exact accurate history of the electrical part of this stang then you must assume it is a problem or soon to be. electrical tape on harness? start peeling it off. when you get to those butt splices repair them with wire, solder and shrink tubing. use liquid tape on exposed wire
#3- safety! actually safety is #1 but if the car wont start your covered anyway. brakes, brakes, brakes. nuff said.
#4- mustang were junk when they rolled off the line. my first car was my 67 i still have it. my son just bought a 69 a week a go. im on vacation all week- guess what ive been doing. working on a 69 and i dont meen the good kind.
electrical, suspension, leaks, door wont open....woudn't trade it for nuthin!!!
i'm having a good time!!!! welcome to the club!!! and i mean it. we all need pics! send if you can.

cobra1 said:
working on a 69 and i dont meen the good kind.

LMAO!!! :lol:

Like a lot of people said: once you have the little things fixed, make sure the suspension and brakes are capable of handling not only modern traffic conditions, but also whatever power modifications you'll be making. There's no point in doing power mods on a platform which can't handle them.

Also like people said: get a manual for your car, and read it. even if you're not working on, say, the carb, read about the carb to get an understanding of the concept of how it works as well as how it it built, so when you DO work on it, you'll already know what you're looking at.

And don't be afraid to try things yourself; like someone said, you'll be surprised how easy some fixes/upgrades are. Suspension, for example, you can do the entire thing in a day if you have a couple of buddies to help you.

Good luck, ask questions, and post pics when you have them. :nice:

Im 18, and have had a mustang since I was 17. Had a fully restored 65 A code fastback with everything but pony interior. Sold it, so now I have a bare bones 67 coupe. Ive done new radiator, all new power steering (including rebuilding the drag link ball stud and rebuilding the power steering control valve) done rear seals and rear gears, drum brake shoes, valve cover gaskets, petronix electric ignition, petronix flamethrower coil. Ive learned loads. Shortly in the future I'll be doing an AOD tranny and a front disc brake swap.

65fastback2+2 said:
Im 18, and have had a mustang since I was 17. Had a fully restored 65 A code fastback with everything but pony interior. Sold it, so now I have a bare bones 67 coupe. Ive done new radiator, all new power steering (including rebuilding the drag link ball stud and rebuilding the power steering control valve) done rear seals and rear gears, drum brake shoes, valve cover gaskets, petronix electric ignition, petronix flamethrower coil. Ive learned loads. Shortly in the future I'll be doing an AOD tranny and a front disc brake swap.
My 65 coupe is complete stock, My dad has already said that we are going to throw a power brakes booster on there......should i consider adding power steering too?

65straightsick said:
My 65 coupe is complete stock, My dad has already said that we are going to throw a power brakes booster on there......should i consider adding power steering too?

depends on the traffic in your area and if you are fine driving it without it. ur I6 is lighter so it may not be a problem. I do quite a bit of heavy traffic driving. There was one time if I didnt have power steering I prolly woulda rear-ended this dodge truck.

65straightsick said:

power steering isn't really necessary, but along with the power master cylinder, you might want to consider front disk brakes, especially if you live in wet weather (stock drums tend to grab when they are wet and pull you in a random direction)

mine had front discs when we got it...i find not having power brakes isnt a problem. Seems to brake just like any other car. Stops really well and quite quickly. I dont havve power steering either, it was a problem when I had a tiny grant steering wheel...but with a bigger steering wheel its really no big deal. But i'm not going to get power steering until I get a v8. I am also replacing the rear end with a 9 inch so I can have 5 lugs for aftermarket rims, and also so when i do a v8 swap that part will already be ready.