Any Young Mustang owners out there??????

mustangman70 said:
I am 18, and drove my 70 coupe with a 302 daily for four years now. All i can say is i have learned SO much from this board. my MAIN piece of adivce i will give you is this......dont beat on the car like i did....I raced it alot and my foot for some reason had soem magnet stuck in it when i was bored and couldent seem to keep off the damn floorboard, and now im sitting with a beutiful 70 with a toasted engine. As fun as it is to mash that gas be easy on it. Also gas milege, allways flooring it, will result in HORRIBLE gas milege. I could barely afford it lol. Um like stated above, just try and do the work yourself. I didnt know a DAMN THING about alot of things, but i somehow could do them after trying them. My whole cooling system i did myself (like the water pump which sucks cuz ya gotta take off evrey damn accessory allmost to do it). Go buy a chiltons or some manual too the car. this is a MUST. Allways make sure you double...evan triple check all connections to evreything when replacing something.....when working with elctrical, ALLWAYS disconnect the battery. and please... DONT put any subs on that stock alternater (i fried 2)........and last but not least, wheres the pics dammit? lol

can you post some pics, i am 17 and your car sounds like what i am shooting for?:jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

Im 20..with a 65 coupe. Had a 289, which I blew up at HS graduation. Right now a DSS 331 making around 400 hp is set to arrive this Tuesday. The car is going from calm, cruiser, to a strip/show car. I've repainted the engine bay, removed the front seats for some ForzaII, moved the battery to the rear, new MSD ignition, and it will be making a custom audio set up, with an amp, subs, and hidden head unit in the trunk. Also roll cage and through-the-floor subframes will come before the car gets launched hard. The car already sports Craiger 5 stars and hooker exuast. Ill post pics when the engine gets here tuesday.

I'm gonna be 18 in a couple weeks and I've owned my 67 coupe since i was twelve. Currently the engine (289) and tranny (c4) are out of it getting rebuilt, after that the only thing left should be body work and paint. I started out building a daily driver but as anyone living in the midwest knows the winters here kill cars. so its gonna be in storage for the winter. Last summer i drove it almost every day, this summer i've drove it twice. hopefully i should get the motor back this week and installed in the next week and still be able to enjoy it for a couple more months. now im driving my other mustang a 1991 lx with a 302 and a 5 speed. still tons of fun but no where near the amount of the 67.

I'm 21, and have had a 66 coupe since I was 18. So far I have swapped out the 3 speed for a T5, done a front scarebird disc conversoin, performer intake/holley 600 carb, and a custom autometer 6 gauge dash.

I am under the impression that I have gotten a fair amount of work done relative to my age, and NO GARAGE :D

yungmustang88 said:
hey ! thanks alot, im really really anxious to get on here to learn stuff, seeing as how i have very limited knowledge of this stuff. i have magazines and stuff, but i have no clue what to buy, or what i should buy, i mean is there anything i should replace no matter what? i have a new manifold, spark wires and plugs, pertronix breakerless system, air filter, but thats what i know is new. car has been running good, not needing anything major. one concern:it has a little like clicking noise that speeds up when i hit the gas, and its not that loud, i can just hear it, and i dont know what it is, id also like to know if theres anyway to stop warming it up for 15 minutes!!!!!! i have to plan my whole morning around it, id love to just start it up and leave, is there any way to do that????

I'm 19 with a 68, 289,. I dont know if you fixed your problem but I had the same thing going on with my stang. And old(but reeeeally good) mech. told me to put a little trans. fluid with the oil. I didnt want to but I gave in cuz I trust him and my problem was solved. Iduno... just tryin to help:shrug:

hidalgo68 said:
I'm 19 with a 68, 289,. I dont know if you fixed your problem but I had the same thing going on with my stang. And old(but reeeeally good) mech. told me to put a little trans. fluid with the oil. I didnt want to but I gave in cuz I trust him and my problem was solved. Iduno... just tryin to help:shrug:

Another way to fix the problem, or at least make the warm up shorter is to install an electric fan, so that it is not doing as much cooling when it is just sitting in your driveway waithing to heat up. it lets the engine coolant stay a little warmer, but it also kicks on when it is needed

I've had mine since I was 18, worked on it for 3 years before it was driveable.

It looked like this when I got it (Was a graduation present from my Aunt):

apart.jpg

Now i'm 24, and it looks like this:

IMG_0119.jpg

Attachments

• apart.jpg
    apart.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 115
Well this is my first post on the site...although I have been reading and searching this forum for quite a while now.

I got my stang when I was 15 and it was a long restoration..i'm 19 now. It was alot of time, money, hard work and then some more money. I just got it roadworthy in March and have since been waiting for my title from BroadWay Title, so that I can register it.

here is a before shot...
DSC00688_JPG.jpg

and here is an aftershot...
DSC04204-web.jpg

you can check out more pics on my website. http://thegarage.xtremepixels.com

Young? Im 27, but I have had my 67 coupe for 11 years (through 4 yrs of college and 5 yrs of grad school) as a daily driver until last year when I began floor pan replacement and completely new interior.

67project said:
Well this is my first post on the site...although I have been reading and searching this forum for quite a while now.

I got my stang when I was 15 and it was a long restoration..i'm 19 now. It was alot of time, money, hard work and then some more money. I just got it roadworthy in March and have since been waiting for my title from BroadWay Title, so that I can register it.

here is a before shot...
DSC00688_JPG.jpg

and here is an aftershot...
DSC04204-web.jpg

you can check out more pics on my website. http://thegarage.xtremepixels.com

that car is beautiful!!! what a change from that before and after photo. i love the rims and chrome side exhaust... great job!:nice:

im 17. i got my '68 when i was 15. originally a 6cyl, the previous owner did the v8 swap and granada brakes, 5 lug, etc. i started to make it my own by replacing the C4 with a T5, putting '03 cobra seats in, building a custom carpeted trunk, puttin 17" bullitts on, and lastly i picked up a '67 shelby style hood that i did all the work on and painted flat black until i can afford to get it painted red, with white stripes down the res of the car.

heres a pic of her:
1004432yn1.jpg

Attachments

• 1004432yn1.jpg
    1004432yn1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 74
Yah I'm 17 and bought my 67 a year ago. I still have yet to get it to run. I've rebuilt the enging, the transmission, put a whole new suspenion under it, and i bought the whole interior kit but itll be awhile before that goes in. Im gunna buy a new granda brake kit from diskbrakeswap.com, im gunna paint the whole car glossy black and chrome a few exterior parts, then im gunna put some bigger rims on it, my stock ones won't even fit after i put the granadas on, but thats cool i was gunna get some new rims anyways. until this thing runs i still got my 89 corolla that gets 40mpg, and i didnt have to pay anything for that! and oh yah my mustang is also gunna be a sound competition car