Any1 that has ever had any S197 transmission issues, take a look if you have a second

:shrug:

O.K… Here we go again… I have a 2010 Gt Stang, for the last YEAR we have been battling a shifting issue, many people claim to have had it, many people claimed to have fixed it.. Here’s the issue… driving normally, even up to around 4,000 rpms, the car shifts as smooth as butter as you start getting higher into the revs, its increasingly difficult to shift, try above 6,000, and your sadly mistaken, it just isn’t going to happen, it feels as if your not stepping all the way down on the clutch when shifting, and FORGET ABOUT THE TIME I WENT TO THE TRACK AND ATTEMPTED SHIFTING @ 6,600 RPMS, I ACTUALLY HAD TO WAIT FOR THE RPMS TO DROP TO AROUND 4,000 BEFORE I COULD GET INTO THE NEXT GEAR… Also, the clutch pedal will vary randomly from catching near the floor and even hard to get into 1st at a stop, to up to the point that it almost even feels “high”… This leads me to really believe there’s a pressure issue..

Now, before anyone responds with fixes or advice, I just want to tell you what has been installed to “fix this issue”

A BRAND NEW TRANS (THIS IS THE THIRD ONE)

A BRAND NEW OEM FORD SLAVE

ALL NEW BRAKE/CLUTCH FLUID AND REPEATED BLEEDS, AS PER FORUM ADVICE AND FORD OFFICIAL PROCEDURE

BRAND NEW SYNCROMESH FLUID

BRAND NEW POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

BRAND NEW CHE TORQUE LIMITER/TRANS REINFORCEMENT

TRIED ROUSH / HURST SHIFTER (ALSO BRAND NEW) MADE PROBLEM WORSE, HAVE SWITICHED BACK TO STOCK SHIFTER AGAIN

THIRD BRAND NEW FLYWHEEL AND SPEC STAGE 2 CLUTCH KIT, EVEN HAD PRESSURE PLATE AND FLYWHEEL CHECKED FOR ANY INCONSISTENCIES AND EVEN TURNED TO MAKE 100% SURE THERE WERE NO HIGH SPOTS.
I HAVE HEARD MANY, MANY PEOPLE USING THIS SETUP WITH A STOCK SLAVE AND ABLE TO POWERSHIFT ALL DAY LONG, I SPOKE TO BRENSPEED AND CHANDLER HAS INSTALLED AND DRIVIN MANY S197 STANGS WITH RACE CLUTCHES AND ALWAYS USES THE STOCK OEM SLAVE WITH NO PROBLEMS, EVEN @ 6,600 RPM REPEATED POWERSHIFTS.

Now, as you can see, its clear that there is almost nothing else left to do, also, I have been building and racing Mustangs (as well as just about everything else) since the 90’s, I have had many, many high performance street and track cars, and yes, I am a very experienced driver both on and off the track, so the driver error/lack of skill part isn’t the issue here..

I just ordered the braided high-pressure clutch line last week, I’m going to try that and flushing and bleeding the fluid AGAIN…This problem is so ridiculous that the last 15,000 miles have been spent trying to remedy the problem, and I think ive done a damn good job at going “all out” in an attempt to fix this issue… I DID NOTICE THAT THE 2005-2007 MUSTANGS HAVE A MUCH LARGER MASTER CYLINDER FOR THE CLUTCH/BRAKE FLUID, IM CONSIDERING SEEING IF THEY ARE A DIRECT SWAP, IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS HERE…

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE, PLEASE CHIME IN, WITH 528 RWHP IT’S A PRETTY ANNOYING WASTE OF POWER BEING I HAVE TO SHIFT LIKE IM DRIVING A SEMI….

(ALSO, THIS PROBLEM HAS EXSISTED FOR A YEAR NOW, WHEN THE CAR WAS 99% STOCK, I HAVE CONTINUED MODDING AND STILL NOT BEING ABLE TO SHIFT FOR THE PAST YEAR)

THANKS IN ADAVWNCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP EVERYONE…

• Sponsors (?)

Braided pressure line came in yesterday, going to try that this week and re-bleed it again.....theres really not much else left to try, even tho I am going 2 order an MGW shifter, that may help, but it is not "the answer", but hopefully this pressure line will help, Ford uses it in the Cobra Jet to avoid line ballooning under high revs/race/heavy duty use... lets see what happens...

I feel your pain!! This Sunday at E-Town I could hit 2nd to save my ass! All of a sudden after almost 3 years of MGW shifter and CHE torque limiters it just locked me out twice. I WAS ANGRY!!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure you read my post, I have everything imaginable, and for the last year or so, its been the same, everything i do makes it a little better, but, come on, not being able to shift any faster then an 85 year old woman in her 1995 corolla just wont cut it..lol... like i said, this week I'm putting in the braided pressure line and bleeding it again.... theres really nothing else left that i can thing of?! And, your was locking you out, like the gate just didnt exsist, or like you werent stepping on the clutch?!...

Yeah, I'm sure you read my post, I have everything imaginable, and for the last year or so, its been the same, everything i do makes it a little better, but, come on, not being able to shift any faster then an 85 year old woman in her 1995 corolla just wont cut it..lol... like i said, this week I'm putting in the braided pressure line and bleeding it again.... theres really nothing else left that i can thing of?! And, your was locking you out, like the gate just didnt exsist, or like you werent stepping on the clutch?!...

Exactly it was as if I wasn't stepping on the clutch, I power shift all my cars for yeeeaaars!! Even this car I would power shift like butter with the MGW shifter even before the CHE torque limiters. Almost like the cold weather has something to do with it. I need to get this resolved because I want to see if I can hit the 12's with my current mods.

Exactly it was as if I wasn't stepping on the clutch, I power shift all my cars for yeeeaaars!! Even this car I would power shift like butter with the MGW shifter even before the CHE torque limiters. Almost like the cold weather has something to do with it. I need to get this resolved because I want to see if I can hit the 12's with my current mods.

Yup, when my car was new, and 100% stock I powershifted no problem, sumtimes it FELT a lil unhappy/notchy, but never grinded or anything..but, now, after the problem developed, and I threw EVERYTHING at it..its still not going away... I'm going to install the braided hardline in the next few days, and bleed again...

It seems to me (correct me if im wrong) that the pedal isssue is for the 2011 and up cars, BUT, i think the problem seems to be the opposite when u have the pedal issue, it seems like the clutch gets stuck RELEASED, whereas our problem is the clutch getting stuck ENGAGED and not releasing...

here's my logic. if its a similar problem with the same chassis i bet ford just put the new clutch pedal in the new body style in 2010 and the 5.0 just exacerbates the problem. maybe some cars got the pedal and some didn't.

you could check part numbers of the 2010 vs the 2011 pedal then pull it and see if it is the same design OR swap it out for a Gt500 unit and if it works you're good.

its worth a look see for sure

here's my logic. if its a similar problem with the same chassis i bet ford just put the new clutch pedal in the new body style in 2010 and the 5.0 just exacerbates the problem. maybe some cars got the pedal and some didn't.

you could check part numbers of the 2010 vs the 2011 pedal then pull it and see if it is the same design OR swap it out for a Gt500 unit and if it works you're good.

its worth a look see for sure

DEF, I'M GONNA STOP BY MY LOCAL DEALER SATURDAY AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY AS FAR AS PART #'S... THANKS AGAIN!!