Any1 want to meet at LRR saturday?

breakemlose

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2002
Mexico
Any of you guys want to meet up at lower river road saturday? It's a fun hang out and lots of bikes are there. YOu don't have to race or anything it's just a slightly different crowd than the evening meets.

• Sponsors (?)

You know its going to be too hot to even go in my mind. Even bike guys don't usually roll in 104F weather.
It was dark? I dont' think you can have access to it during the dark. It's a daylight event.

breakemlose said:
You know its going to be too hot to even go in my mind. Even bike guys don't usually roll in 104F weather.
It was dark? I dont' think you can have access to it during the dark. It's a daylight event.

Right, as I was saying...I'm not sure if I was even in the right place.

Anyone care to explain Lower River Road to me and what exactly it is that goes on there?

Imagine entering a park speed limit 50mph. Driving in that park you are on a long 1.3mile or so stretch. If you continue down that stretch you will find a gradual right turn at the end. After that gradual turn you have a 2 mile or so stretch. No streets intersect the road and at the end of the stretch is a dead end. It's a 2 lane road sometimes used as a emergency airplane runway.

What goes on there is often times nothing. Sometimes some older guys will go hunting birds with shotguns which is legal on these outskirts. Sometimes you'll see a group of motorcycles practicing stunting. Sometimes you will see a few cars hanging out. But more of less there is usually nothign really going on down that road.
Typically you are guaranteed to see someone in a sporty vehicle down there 1-8pm during the day light hours on saturday-sunday.

Back in the day it was a overly popular street racing drag racing street. Where even a few years ago you would see groups of hundreds of cars meeting up there lining up to race during the day. Painted out on the street are the 1/4 mile markers for the start and finish. But often times people raced passed teh 1/4 mile mark as you have adequate time to stop after the run. At times you would see people trailoring in full dragsters with parachutes and slicks. But you won't see any of that action going on down there anymore. More of less it's just a mini hang out these days

I see.

I guess what I dont understand is if this is legal at all? Or is it illegal and the cops just dont care?

I'd like to see it, how do I get there?

That stretch of road on I was if you follow 4th Plain Rd under I5 heading West, it's around there. Im sure I was on it, or another road that said "Old Lower River Rd" on the sign.

I'm bored out of my mind and would like to check it out, where exactly is this place hidden?

Thanks! :nice:

edit: on a side note, I've been wanting to get exhaust videos/audio of my car, like a few driving by and such. This sounds like a great place to do it.

breakemlose said:
Back in the day it was a overly popular street racing drag racing street. Where even a few years ago you would see groups of hundreds of cars meeting up there lining up to race during the day. Painted out on the street are the 1/4 mile markers for the start and finish. But often times people raced passed teh 1/4 mile mark as you have adequate time to stop after the run. At times you would see people trailoring in full dragsters with parachutes and slicks. But you won't see any of that action going on down there anymore. More of less it's just a mini hang out these days

When I was in high school in Nevada we had a place called "Hell" which was out by a train trestle about five miles out of town. There was a road parallel to the train tracks -- which were raised a good 12-15 feet -- that went for miles with no side streets. There were 1/4 miles marked off with white paint. We used to have bonfires out there, and the gearheads would race. This was in the 80's -- lots of Irocs & El Caminos. The cops didn't care. I remember a girl "dropping the green flag" by pulling up her shirt. :hail2: