Anybody Drive Their Power Piped Car In The Rain?

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
So I have to take the car to the dyno tomorrow to get it tuned since the addition of the supercharger. Rain looks very likely. My car hasn't seen rain in about 8 years and I'm dreading it. My question is, with the power pipe putting the air filter and MAF down inside the fender well, should I be worried about rain getting vacuumed in from the front/fog light area? I thought about fabricating a piece of cardboard or something to try and block the underside off a bit. Thoughts? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. The thought of mists of water hitting my brand new impeller and making it rusty gives me nightmares lol.

If you get water in your impeller, rust won't be what you are worrying about. Besides, I believe most compressor wheels are aluminum.

I hit a big puddle in a turd floater once and it filled the cai with water. It was an n/a car. I had to remove the cai, clean the mud out of it, and wash the maf with electro kleen. The water went right thru the lnock off k&n. That was the worst rain I've driven in in years though.

If you get water in your impeller, rust won't be what you are worrying about. Besides, I believe most compressor wheels are aluminum.

I hit a big puddle in a turd floater once and it filled the cai with water. It was an n/a car. I had to remove the cai, clean the mud out of it, and wash the maf with electro kleen. The water went right thru the lnock off k&n. That was the worst rain I've driven in in years though.
Didn't mama teach you to slow down through a puddle?

Reactions: 1 user

WTF is a turd floater

@mikestang63

image.png

That saying is as old as the hills.. My grandfather used to say that.

@mikestang63

image.png

That saying is as old as the hills.. My grandfather used to say that.

yet another reason not to move to Texas....lol well that, and my ex lives near Austin.

When I lived in NJ we only had to worry about dead bodies floating up after heavy rains if you didn't bury them deep enough..eh fuggetaboutit know what I mean? @84Ttop @TOOLOW91

yet another reason not to move to Texas....lol well that, and my ex lives near Austin.

When I lived in NJ we only had to worry about dead bodies floating up after heavy rains if you didn't bury them deep enough..eh fuggetaboutit know what I mean? @84Ttop @TOOLOW91
North Jersey problems... Cow and cornfields for me

OP, there should be no concern driving in the rain with a powerpipe so long as the inner fenderwell is in place