Anybody else........?

Realmongo said:
Fritz-Before you install that 8 inch, you might do well to find an 8 inch carrier from a Pinto or something that has some lower rear end gears. That 2.80:1 is steep for a six banger and something like a 3.50:1 would be much more enjoyable to drive.

:banana:
My current 7.5" has 2.79:1! I do plan on swapping in 3.50:1 as soon as I can afford them. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You wish it had a 7-1/2"! Those old 6 banger rears were 7-1/4"! I actually blew the spiders gears up on one of those in a 1970 Maverick with a 170 6 cylinder 3 speed!!!

:bang:

65stanger said:
My current 7.5" has 2.79:1! I do plan on swapping in 3.50:1 as soon as I can afford them. :nice:

Yo Fritz, progress photo's are now available: http://www.1969stang.com/albums/Car-and-tech-pics

101_0112.sized.jpg

Attachments

• 101_0112.sized.jpg
    101_0112.sized.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 82
Well I gone an done it! Sent off my $700. parts order to Mustangs Unlimited on Monday. Should have just about everything I need to get her on her wheels again by this time next week!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Now if the weather will just cooperate so I can start working on the front clip and get those repairs done! Chepsk8 and Pak, you're both welcome to drop in and lend a hand!:D;)

Hey Pak!

I remember stripping Chepie down that far twice! Remember what happened last time I started a thread about topless cars........

I finished the Dash in COBRASK8, including the two body color stripes.

Pakrat said:
My hands are full, how about I just lend an ear? :rolleyes:
Okay Mr Van Gogh! :nice:
chepsk8 said:
I remember stripping Chepie down that far twice! Remember what happened last time I started a thread about topless cars........
:banana: :spot: :banana: :spot: :banana:

chepsk8 said:
I finished the Dash in COBRASK8, including the two body color stripes.
We Want Pics!!!
:banana: :spot: :banana: :spot: :banana:

I didnt do anything real exciting, just opened up the 289 that came(separately) with my '68. I found out its .060 over, rusted bores, oil pan full of water, bent pump shaft, clogged pickup, uselessly corroded timing cover, ground-down rod cap pads, and a C9 block......its actually a 302. Almost the entire thing so far is garbage. One thing that did come out well was my repainting of the ash tray door with satin black laquer and stripping/painting the engine pullies gloss black.

65ShelbyClone said:
I didnt do anything real exciting, just opened up the 289 that came(separately) with my '68. I found out its .060 over, rusted bores, oil pan full of water, bent pump shaft, clogged pickup, uselessly corroded timing cover, ground-down rod cap pads, and a C9 block......its actually a 302. Almost the entire thing so far is garbage. One thing that did come out well was my repainting of the ash tray door with satin black laquer and stripping/painting the engine pullies gloss black.
Now, now, now.......look on the bright side! You've got yourself a good boat anchor! :D

For me, the color seems a bit too grey, though an argent hood with dark blue egding would be quite a color scheme..

The other stripe is grey, which will match the "Gurney Stripes" i plan to put on the nose of the car, along with grey meatballs for numbers. No Le Mans stripes. I also plan on having the same stripe in the carpeting in front of the seats. Having a theme, as well as the brake calipers are already painted dark orange!