Anybody ever ship a car? Who do you recommend?

bottlfed92

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
Any experiences. Good or bad you'd like to pass along?
As ome of you know, the coupe is for sale. The majority of interest is coming from the States or Western Canada. I'd just like to look into the shipping costs to know the figure so there are no surprises. Thanks.

~Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :(

I've sold & shipped numerous cars in business w/my dad, I'll have to ask if he can give me some info on who we've used. He handles that end of it.

Well, our cars always get where they need to be and we never have any problems. That's always good! ;) I have no idea how pricing goes but I think their website has a calculator. I hope they ship internationally.

Well, our cars always get where they need to be and we never have any problems. That's always good! ;) I have no idea how pricing goes but I think their website has a calculator. I hope they ship internationally.

Once again Dave, Thanks.

On another note, don't be surprised if you see my 'For Sale' thread on your local club forum today. What the heck:shrug: :nice: :flag: ?!?. LOL.

I have had a couple shipped it seems the place you go with contracts the work out to local branches in my case they did this, just to give a rough estimate, Rochester NY to Tennessee $750, North Carolina to Rochester $700 I would just get shipping quotes from there websites. Good luck!

I've always heard that no matter who you use, you absolutely have to make sure that they use the exact same car carriers that the major auto makers (Ford, Chevy, etc) use. I've been told if they have different car carries the car will always get there with scratches and dings and sometimes bad car carries can even twist the body or frame of a car.

But no personal experience, just what I've hear. And I had a good friend who just shipped a Viper to California and he was told all the same stuff.

I use these guys for every car I have purchased. They do a lot of work for Jay Leno. Their rig is top notch. They have a two story enclosed 60 or 65 foot trailer that's lined with stainless steel and is cleaner than hospital. They use pads/auto blankets when entering/exiting your car and ship your car covered inside the enclosed trailer. They stay booked up, so give them some lead time.

Golden Years Auto Transport
Frank Harris
520-906-0996/520-250-8154
Tucson, Arizona

HEY! I'd almost SWEAR I was passed by that same very truck last night on my way home from work (going south on Power Road)! :eek: Weird. I noticed that it was a friggin' HUGE trailer that looked like some kind of gargantuan rockstar tour bus of some kind until I got beside it, and I'm pretty sure it had that very business name on the side of it. I remember thinking, "Dang ... I wonder what kinda cars get carted around in that monster...?"

I used DAS (dependable auto shipping) to ship my car from Florida to Oklahoma. It cost 700.00 and it was fast like 4 days. The only bad thing but it turned out to not be that bad was they messed my front bumper up pretty bad when they were loading it, but It was already really messed up on the other side and I was going to replace it anyways. So they ended up giveing me 650.00 for it. so I was out a 200.00 dollar bumper and 50.00 to ship so not to shabby if you ask me. So if I were you I would look into them because Im sure this was just a freak accident and they were fast so....