Anybody here ever have to deal with Uhaul.

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
So during my cross country move my Uhaul truck broke down and I had to drive with the hot vent on to keep the truck from overheating in Arizona and New Mexico. Uhaul's customer service sucks and they charged me a late fine even though a rep on the phone said I had an extra day because I lost a day when the truck broke down. What should I do? Anybody ever have problems with Uhaul?

• Sponsors (?)

I rented a full size 5 speed semi-style Uhaul once, it was worth the price just to create chaos with this thing! I never checked out the motor to see how big it was, but it surely wasnt a diesel, and you could do 5k rpm clutch drops and bark the tires without anything in the back of it....lol

I drove it out of my apartment complex running over sidewalks and curbs and taking it through ditches like it was a tank...soo much fun. And the steering wheel was about 3 feet in diameter, the stick was about 4 feet long...lol

i rented a truck from them to help my sister move and when we want to pick it up they had now trucks so we are like fine give use a discount and we will not make a big stink about it so they did and we got the truck later that day but the truck was the biggest pos ever the tranny slipped so bad the motor over heated the steering was so so loose it was scary and i had to drive this thing into Manhattan so i know where your coming from and then when we brought it back they tried to charge us for things that where broke already so they charged my sister for all this stuff so we took them to court and we got the move for free never again will i rent a truck from them