Anybody know how fast one of these is....

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
You know there is always one of those people that just rubs you the wrong way and you just can't stand them? Well mine just bought one of these and is talking trash to me about it, 2004 Z06 Commemerative Edition. He says he's going to kick my @ss at the track this coming weekend. I don't know much about this commemorative edition but i think i have a pretty good shot at it. Anybody know these cars very well? I wasn't going to run my car very hard with the manifold leak i have but now i can't hold back. I gotta hammer him. He used to drive a Thunderbird Supercoupe and I've been kicking his @ss for the last few years. Just want to know what I'm getting into. i know there is a 2003 Z06 that runs 13.1 at our track, just wondering if this will be faster :shrug: . As my car sits right now I have 370rwhp and 373rwtq.
View attachment 455301

• Sponsors (?)

if i remember correctly, the 04 Z06 had 405hp from the factory. the commemrative edition didn't add any power. the Z06 is capable of mid-low 12's with a good driver. a very few have hit very high 11's stock.

and the 405 rating is not right either, i've heard that most are putting out about 420 rwhp, guess a vette gains power thru the drivetrain. so they have more power, less weight and unless he just cant drive i'd say your in for a dissappointment

i dont think they rut out that much power at the wheels. there are a couple of guys over on mustangworld who have dynoed their z06's and they are putting out around your power. those things are lighter and very fast.

DBMSTNG said:
if i remember correctly, the 04 Z06 had 405hp from the factory. the commemrative edition didn't add any power. the Z06 is capable of mid-low 12's with a good driver. a very few have hit very high 11's stock.
yeah the comm. edition was to look like the C5-R with paint and stripes

53p1.jpe

Attachments

• 53p1.jpe
    53p1.jpe
    57 KB · Views: 56
I found a few tests on the Vette's from 01'-04', 1/4 mile times range from 12.5-13.4 [the 13.4 was the 50th anniversary] but being magazine test I think they would be corrected times. Tough to say what they would run at 15,000 ft where you are:D

CanadaStang said:
I found a few tests on the Vette's from 01'-04', 1/4 mile times range from 12.5-13.4 [the 13.4 was the 50th anniversary] but being magazine test I think they would be corrected times. Tough to say what they would run at 15,000 ft where you are:D

:rlaugh: . No kidding. The last time slip I had showed a corrected altitude of 5400ft :nonono: . They haven't had the weather station working at the track this year so I don't know what we're looking at lately. It's supposed to be 35C (95F?} this Friday when we're going to race. Not great conditions. I don't think he'll see 12's. I've only seen 1 Vette in the 12's at our track and he is supercharged. It should be a good race. I'll get many more chances to beat him when i get the car working properly, i just hate to lose to him :( . He's only had the car for 3 weeks so hopefully he isn't used to it yet, he sure hasn't had it at the track so that may play in my favor as well. I'll get the wife to get a video if we actually line up together. He's notorious for blowing me off and not racing me but I'm gonna bug him til he does, might be a mistake but i can't pass this one up :D .

Those 405HP Z06s put down 350-355RWHP. About the exact same as the C6 vettes.

Now his Z06 weighs 3150#s...your car weighs around 3550#s. In reality given equal drivers, you would loose.

BUT since he just got the car, he probably doesnt know how to drive it..+ the T bird was probably an auto so I bet he shifts slow as beans. Ill give you the win. If I were you, that kenne bell would be coming off right now and the gasket would be replaced tommorow.

BTW I have seen the Z06s go 117MPH in the 1/4...some C6s have done the same.

hotmustang331 said:
If I were you, that kenne bell would be coming off right now and the gasket would be replaced tommorow.

that's what I was thinking. But there's no shame in postponing if your car has a legitimate problem, I know I would tell the guy "next weekend" if I had a blown gasket. Good luck!

hotmustang331 said:
If I were you, that kenne bell would be coming off right now and the gasket would be replaced tommorow.

I wish it were that easy. To take the KB off isn't the problem. It's getting it dyno tuned again. My tuner is 3 hours away and is booked solid for months. You have to book way ahead or get lucky and have someone cancel. So once I take the KB off she will be down for a while again :( . I just don't want to do that right now, i've finally just got her back.

TweekedGT said:
I wish it were that easy. To take the KB off isn't the problem. It's getting it dyno tuned again. My tuner is 3 hours away and is booked solid for months. You have to book way ahead or get lucky and have someone cancel. So once I take the KB off she will be down for a while again :( . I just don't want to do that right now, i've finally just got her back.

Why do you need a retune? Only 1 side is leaking right? Well then the other cylinders are getting the full effect of the KB and boost. Fixing the gasket should just bring the leaky cylinder up to par with the rest of them....unless he has different amounts of fuel spryaing down each cylinder???