Anybody running Eibach Sportlines...Please post pics

atey950

Founding Member
Aug 5, 1999
Southeastern PA
I am running sportlines with 245/45/17 up front. I need new front tires and thinking of going to 245/40/17. Please post pics and tire size you are running. Thanks!

eibach.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Gorgeous car.
What rear spoiler is that in the pic?
Do you have other pics of how the car sits on your Sportlines?
Do you have trouble with it that low?
I have an 87 GT, and I am torn between some springs like the Pro-Kit, or something as aggressive as the Sportlines.

Gorgeous car.
I have an 87 GT, and I am torn between some springs like the Pro-Kit, or something as aggressive as the Sportlines.
Thanks ratio.
That is a Saleen rear spoiler (sorry, the pic is a bit dark).
I'll attach another pic or two...I don't drive the car much and when I do, I just have to be mindful of the front being so low. I've had to make a u-turn when approaching a few big speed bumps. That being said, it's never been an issue and i've never scraped or damaged anything.
Picture the top of the tire being tucked up into the wheelwell vs. being slightly below the wheelwell. I think thats the difference between the sportline vs. pro-kit. to each his own. Either way is a drastic change compared to stock.

B1BC0900.jpg

eibach3.JPG

IM001246.JPG

Love the look of them but hate the springs. Heres my opinion for ratio -
Gorgeous car.
DO not go for the sport-lines, in my opinion they are too low and really hurt a fox suspension. I had sport-lines for my first car and sold them to a friend. That friend hates them. Car is too low . Scrapes on everything even with poly isolaters the tires scrub. I would run the pro kit. I am so happy with it with my tockico struts and shocks. I pulled one iso up front the lower one and ran polys out back .My front tire is actually even with my fender lip pics are a bit deceiving .
For the point of showing the difference. Stock height and before painting it the right color,
408156_2950651922787_405484200_n.jpg

15629_4595006470623_1691841269_n_zpsf21f6a2b.jpg

Attachments

• 408156_2950651922787_405484200_n.jpg
    408156_2950651922787_405484200_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 15629_4595006470623_1691841269_n_zpsf21f6a2b.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 186
Love the look of them but hate the springs. Heres my opinion for ratio -

DO not go for the sport-lines, in my opinion they are too low and really hurt a fox suspension. I had sport-lines for my first car and sold them to a friend. That friend hates them. Car is too low . Scrapes on everything even with poly isolaters the tires scrub. I would run the pro kit. I am so happy with it with my tockico struts and shocks. I pulled one iso up front the lower one and ran polys out back .My front tire is actually even with my fender lip pics are a bit deceiving .

nice notch toolow...i can only speak from experience and have never had a problem with the sportlines. car handles well, and no issues to speak of. maybe if i drove it everyday, i'd have a different take.

Attachments

• 15629_4595006470623_1691841269_n_zpsf21f6a2b.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 159
nice notch toolow...i can only speak from experience and have never had a problem with the sportlines. car handles well, and no issues to speak of. maybe if i drove it everyday, i'd have a different take.
thank you, and i wasnt trying to bash the thread just giving both angles and my friend dailyed it for a while and hated them but most of all has a problem with getting his drag radial on it and what not . But i love reef blue i had a reef hatch until it was totaled.

thank you, and i wasnt trying to bash the thread just giving both angles and my friend dailyed it for a while and hated them but most of all has a problem with getting his drag radial on it and what not . But i love reef blue i had a reef hatch until it was totaled.
thanks...a clean, dropped notch is a tough to beat!

Now that I have seen the front of the car, I have to ask... Who made the hood? Is it a 2" or 3"?

As for your front tires (245/40s), I can't help with pics that you are looking for or anything, but I can say that my son has them on the front of his car, on 8.5" wide rims, and has 275/45s on back, on the same 8.5"x 17" rims...

The 275s are the 'standard' Fox height of course, and the 245/40s are a bit shorter.
If you are looking hard enough, you can tell the front tire is shorter on his car, but he is not lowered or anything, which I think makes the difference in height stand out. ???

As for the 8.5" rims, the 245s are borderline stretched. It's not particularly noticable, but they would probably fit an 8" wide rim better. I have seen FAR worse mismatched/stretched tires. My gut says that a 45, instead of 40, might look less stretched on the 8.5" wide rim since there is more sidewall to suck it up, so to speak. All in all, they fit pretty good. I don't know how wide your rims are though. If you are working with 8" wide, I think you'll be happy with the tiny bit of added fender clearance and appearance. If your dealing with 9" wide rims, they'll look forced onto the rim. 8.5" is borderline like I said.

Now that I have seen the front of the car, I have to ask... Who made the hood? Is it a 2" or 3"?

As for your front tires (245/40s), I can't help with pics that you are looking for or anything, but I can say that my son has them on the front of his car, on 8.5" wide rims, and has 275/45s on back, on the same 8.5"x 17" rims...

The 275s are the 'standard' Fox height of course, and the 245/40s are a bit shorter.
If you are looking hard enough, you can tell the front tire is shorter on his car, but he is not lowered or anything, which I think makes the difference in height stand out. ???

As for the 8.5" rims, the 245s are borderline stretched. It's not particularly noticable, but they would probably fit an 8" wide rim better. I have seen FAR worse mismatched/stretched tires. My gut says that a 45, instead of 40, might look less stretched on the 8.5" wide rim since there is more sidewall to suck it up, so to speak. All in all, they fit pretty good. I don't know how wide your rims are though. If you are working with 8" wide, I think you'll be happy with the tiny bit of added fender clearance and appearance. If your dealing with 9" wide rims, they'll look forced onto the rim. 8.5" is borderline like I said.
That's a 2.5" cervinis cowl hood.

I am running 17x8.5 wheels front and back. I'd like to see a pic of the 40's on your sons front wheels. I'm leaning toward staying with the 45's. thanks for your reply.

That's a 2.5" cervinis cowl hood.

I am running 17x8.5 wheels front and back. I'd like to see a pic of the 40's on your sons front wheels. I'm leaning toward staying with the 45's. thanks for your reply.
I don't have any close up pics.
The rims are on a Fox Fairmont.
I started a thread about "Steeda Pentar" rims a day or two ago, there is a pic of his car in that thread.
Like I said, the stretch to fit the 8.5" rims is only really noticable if you are looking for it.
I see much worse day in and day out on rice cars.

It depends on the brand of tire. A friend of mine has Nitto 245s up front on 17x9 03 cobra rims. We thought it would look stretched but it fits just right. BF Goodrich makes a good full tire as well, but sumittomo is a very short tire and would look stretched. I agree with using the pro kit I have them on my car and overall I think it's the perfect look and a gd quality ride. On therear i have 295 Drag Radial also with out issue. I've never owned sport lines so I can't talk negatively about them

I was referring to the 245/40s that he was asking about.
The 245/45s have more sidewall, and that appears to help, because what I have seen, those don't look stretched.
As for the 40 profile, it is not terrible, but you can tell it's getting tight.

ah I got ya I definitely agree then I would still run them but its starting to push it In my opinion