Anybody using NOS-02117 under their STOCK hood ?

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
This is the 150shot plate kit that fits the Edelbrock Performer. Since I dont have my Performer installed yet and that my engine is out, there's no way that I could check the clearance myself. The plate is 1/2 inch thick.

I know that the Performer is higher from the start. Is there anybody that has tried this himself and knows that it fits/doesnt fit UNDER STOCK HOOD with the plate kit ??

Thanks
Mario

• Sponsors (?)

HairyCanary said:
Well, I barely clear the stock hood with my performer intake, had to actually remove insulation from the hood. I don't think it would fit if I put 1/2" spacer below it.

Dave

I never had the insulation stuff anyway.
Thanks Dave. You always climb in to help me. :nice:

I've heard a lot of " I dont think it would fit" kinda stuff, but I need to find somebody that has tried this. I want to be sure.

Or somebody that is willing to simulate the situation by placing a 1/2 something on their upper Edelbrock Performer and try to close the hood with it and confirm this. :stick:

God, somebody must of tried this before !

Gee, you didn't have to put it in big letters... :D

I put a lump of clay on the front corner of the intake and then dropped the hood on it. Came out with about 1/16" more than 1/2" of clearance. I could probably sneak in 1/2" spacer on my setup, but it would be damn close. I'd say close enough that you'd want to try it on your setup first -- it doesn't leave much room for variation from motor mounts, etc.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
Gee, you didn't have to put it in big letters... :D

I wanted to get some attention :banana: hehe

HairyCanary said:
it doesn't leave much room for variation from motor mounts, etc.

Thats a good point. I need to get some new ones as well.
Still pretty tempting though.. Pretty much the cleanest and propably of the most efficient nitrous setups out there.

Thanks again for your help.
Mario