anyone bored and wanna help?

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
admins feel free to bump this to tech if you feel necessary, but i don't really feel gasket questions are overly technical

i was wondering if any of you on here could help me out with finding all of the gaskets i will need for my head/cam/intake swap i'm going to be doing in the upcoming weeks, the gaskets and new waterpump are all i need and i'm ready to start the installation

can anyone provide the name and possibly summit part #s of all the gaskets i will need for the swap, i'd like to place one large summit (or jegs) order and get everything at once, thanks in advance for the help

Chris :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

i'm doing the same thing. if you're just doing heads/cam/intake, you don't need a full gasket set. here are the part numbers for the gaskets i have:

btw, all prices are autozone prices

felpro head gaskets 1011-1 (don't know cost, came with thumpers i got from foxfan)
felpro intake manifold gaskets 1250 $24.99
felpro exhaust manifold gaskets 1415 $14.99 i think
felpro timing cover set TCS45449 (comes with waterpump gasket, timing cover gasket, front seal, front oil pan seal and corner seals) $9.99

i think that should be all you need. oh and valve cover gaskets. i have the felpro permadry valve cover gaskets....AWESOME gaskets, highly recommend spending the extra cash for them. they're reusable; they are a metal frame with rubber on them with pressure stops. felpro part # VS13264T

Here is what I would suggest.

For the intake I would use a set of FEL-1250. Don't use the cork endseals. Use a nice thick bead of black RTV. I am not sure what you are doing for a throttle body but you will need the gaskets for that if you do not have them Summit has an edelbrock set EDL-3830 this goes from 65mm-70mm. Your upper to lower gasket will be determined by the intake manufacturer. So if you need one you will have to search summit to find it.

For head gaskets I would go with either an fel-pro FPP-1011-1 or 1011-2. I have been told that one is for aluminum heads and the other is for iron heads. I believe that I have used the 1011-1 on iron heads but am not 100% certain. Maybe someone will chime in and shed some light on this. Also do not forget the cylinder head dowels. I always put a new set in when doing a headswap. And remember that the short lower headbolts run into the water jackets so they need to have a thread sealer on them.

And for header gaskets I like the aluminum gaskets. I have never had a set leak on me. Check out PRO-67933 at summit. Now might be the time to look into a set of locking header bolts as well.

For the timing cover gasket I would get part #Fel-Pro TCS45449

Here is what I would suggest.

For the intake I would use a set of FEL-1250. Don't use the cork endseals. Use a nice thick bead of black RTV. I am not sure what you are doing for a throttle body but you will need the gaskets for that if you do not have them Summit has an edelbrock set EDL-3830 this goes from 65mm-70mm. Your upper to lower gasket will be determined by the intake manufacturer. So if you need one you will have to search summit to find it.

For head gaskets I would go with either an fel-pro FPP-1011-1 or 1011-2. I have been told that one is for aluminum heads and the other is for iron heads. I believe that I have used the 1011-1 on iron heads but am not 100% certain. Maybe someone will chime in and shed some light on this. Also do not forget the cylinder head dowels. I always put a new set in when doing a headswap. And remember that the short lower headbolts run into the water jackets so they need to have a thread sealer on them.

And for header gaskets I like the aluminum gaskets. I have never had a set leak on me. Check out PRO-67933 at summit. Now might be the time to look into a set of locking header bolts as well.

For the timing cover gasket I would get part #Fel-Pro TCS45449

good to see someone else suggest what i have. the 1011-1 head gaskets have a steel ring and are for iron heads. 1011-2 are copper i believe and are for aluminum heads. and yeah, aluminum exhaust gaskets are awesome.