Anyone completely replace door hinges?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Anyone have any experience with replacing the entire door hinges? I have a car that has had the pins and bushings replaced once, I just put new ones in again and there is still slack in them. I have access to a door that is damaged but has tight hinges, can I get by with cutting them off the damaged door and re-welding them to my current door? Just curious if there would be enough metal left on them after cutting them off the damaged door.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone have any experience with replacing the entire door hinges? I have a car that has had the pins and bushings replaced once, I just put new ones in again and there is still slack in them. I have access to a door that is damaged but has tight hinges, can I get by with cutting them off the damaged door and re-welding them to my current door? Just curious if there would be enough metal left on them after cutting them off the damaged door.

you might damage the paint and sounds like it would be easier to remove the door, then weld onto the holes to increase the material on the hinge