Anyone else have the window problem??

1fun281

Mar 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
My driver and passenger side windows in my 99 gt have both come unglued from the stops, causing them to go up to far not allowing the door to close correctly. I bought some epoxy and plan on trying to reglue them back in place this weekend, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem, possible to do it without removing windows, any better fixes etc..???

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My driver and passenger side windows in my 99 gt have both come unglued from the stops, causing them to go up to far not allowing the door to close correctly. I bought some epoxy and plan on trying to reglue them back in place this weekend, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem, possible to do it without removing windows, any better fixes etc..???

Thanks

Yes. I just resolved this issue on my 96' GT about a month or so ago. Mine was the front most stop on the drivers side window and caused the same problem. I used some Permatex Wind shield adhesive and let it dry overnight.

Yes. I just resolved this issue on my 96' GT about a month or so ago. Mine was the front most stop on the drivers side window and caused the same problem. I used some Permatex Wind shield adhesive and let it dry overnight.

Ohh glad to hear im not the only one, i already took my door panel off and located the issue i believe mine is the stop at the very back towards the lock/handle of the door, How did yours turn out so far?? And did you remove the window completely or leave it in the door?

I have not taken the door panel off to look at it but it seems to be holding up like it's supposed to. I did not take the window out but I did remove the speaker since mine was up front of the door.

Also, Once I got it back on the glass and track, I left the window in the full down position for about 8 hours to give the adhesive time to dry.

The silicone sealant Ford used on them was not very well thought out.

I have not taken the door panel off to look at it but it seems to be holding up like it's supposed to. I did not take the window out but I did remove the speaker since mine was up front of the door.

Also, Once I got it back on the glass and track, I left the window in the full down position for about 8 hours to give the adhesive time to dry.

The silicone sealant Ford used on them was not very well thought out.

I've been dealing with this same issue but it's just become habit to shut that door by the window now..

Anyways, so did you just put the new adhesive in the slot like it was or did you actually take the time to clean the old silicone out first?

My drivers window seems like its to far foward. There is about an inch gap when closed between the little side window and drivers window. It looks like its just enought to not let water leak in but i get wind noise when the window is close toward the upper back corner and a little squeek when i shut the door. Is this the same issue? Is it and easy fix? It seems like its off track a little but still goes up and down. Thanks

My drivers window seems like its to far foward. There is about an inch gap when closed between the little side window and drivers window. It looks like its just enought to not let water leak in but i get wind noise when the window is close toward the upper back corner and a little squeek when i shut the door. Is this the same issue? Is it and easy fix? It seems like its off track a little but still goes up and down. Thanks

Theres a stop on the inside of the window that the glue comes undone, try closing the door with the window down then roll it up once inside it will probably fix your gap, gotta take the window out reglue the stop