Anyone Else Here Sick Of Winter

Pearl02

Nov 27, 2004
Kansas City
Man, I'm tired of it already. Here in KC we've been hit with very extreme winter weather. We've recieved 2 feet of snow this winter season. We only average about 8 inches during the season. It's also beem bittery cold. I really don't mind winter but this is crazy. I went to Tulsa to visit my family over the xmas and they had one of the worst winter storms in recent history. I saw tons of cars stuck on the side of the road there. The trip wasn't all bad. I rescued a kitten and named him Blizzard. My 18yr old cat had to be put to sleep while I was gone. The good lord brought this cat to me. He was a stray and most stray cats won't come near you. Our low tonight is suppose to be -14 and my birthday is tomorrow. I always joked with my mom and told her she should have waited to have my in the warmer months. This way I can celebrate my birthday when it's warmer. To top it all off, my younger sisters birthday is also tomorrow. We are 1 year apart in age. To give you a idea of my age, JFK was assassinated 2 months before I was born. The bright side is that it's suppose to warm up nicely next week. Stay warm. Pearl02.

• Sponsors (?)

I am in Utah. I hate the winter. So much. As soon as I am done with school, I am leaving this horrible, cold place (well, for 6 months out of the year).

This year has been really cold, must be that global warming thing Gore has been talking about.

I was sick of winter before it even started. Just working with it is bad enough - numb fingers, freezing cold cars, fixing other people's crap outside in the bitter cold, and when it snows it melts and I get dripped on all damn day.

I'd much rather move further south, its just that living around here with all the gov't employees work stays pretty steady as far as the auto field goes. Gotta live where the work is. I'm thankfull though here in VA winter is short lived. Most of the time, winter really doesnt go full swing till mid/late december and is usually warming up around mid march.

i shouldnt complain, i live in Tn and you lots of you guys have it way worse than i do but sheesh - add me to the "im ready for spring list"

average temps the past two weeks here have been in the 20s. thats freakin cold for us tennesseeans' . had some exhaust work done on my car a few weeks ago and got caught out in the rain on the way home. its in the garage, dirty. cant clean it cause the temps wont get above freezin :nonono:

Sucks for you guys. Im enjoying nice summer weather down here in peru while im working. It was in the low 90's yesterday :D 

Actually its kinda hot, id rather be at home with the wintery weather...

I can't say that winter is bothering me much.......of course I live in Texas :D

I do too, but for the last few days we've had high's in mid 20's, lows around 10, and winchills below 0. It's not supposed to be like that here!:notnice: I'm really missing the summer right now.

Cold or not, I did take my 04 for a joy ride last night though!:D I haven't driven it in almost a month. Felt like a rocket after driving my F150 for so long.

I live in South Florida so i cant complain much, but i have to agree this winter has been sucking. The coldest one i have experienced for a few days straight it has been down in the 20's which is super low for southern florida. My car has been iced over in the morning when i was going to work.

-5F today and it's beautiful out. Think I'm gonna go take pictures of a frozen waterfall nearby this afternoon.

Winter sucks if you don't have anything to do in it and/or you don't have proper clothing so you can be outside and comfortable. It sucks to be cold all the time.

I am in Topeka, just 60 miles west of the OP, and its insane. I think the average temp over the last couple weeks has been about 10*, and in the last two weeks we have gotten almost 2 feet of snow. Honestly I am sick of this. I am all for a white christmas, but the day after christmas the sun needs to come out and bring the temps back up to the 50s-70s. I am easy to please! This cold weather needs to stay where it belongs...at the poles!

OH i am soo sick of winter got my baby all stored and just begging to come out for a drive i cant wait for some nice weather ..by the time march hits if snow is gone she will be out.. gives me something to look forward to