Anyone else seen this about Kenne B??

• Sponsors (?)

Ah... the other thing (Fasdriver reminded me).

I run 2:73s :D

That's probably why the tires survive.
Don't get me wrong, I do have a good time when I drive the car.
I'd suspect my pullied m112 on the dohc engine and the KB have similar power curves.

Yeah it's nice to not downshift sometimes, but the reality is that it's a manual trans, on any given trip i'd make 500 shifts, what's really one less or one more?

I'd love to run my car with an intake and the procharger kit to see what it's like, but i'm not at a point in life where I care to try a $5000 experiment on something I really don't need.

And Fastdriver, those tires are on my radar, but currently I have a 275/35/18, closest size in those ET streets is 285/40/18, I just don't know if this car can take much more tire. 18 inch drag radials are getting tough to find in fox sizes.

While i do not run a KB I do run an M112 on a SBF. with a bypass and all the good stuff needed to make it run like it should, like a car without one until i want the power.
To deal with the instant massive torque down low I simply installed a vacuum solenoid with a check valve and a small vacuum reservoir. The idea is that until the solenoid is triggered the bypass is held wide open this lowers my boost from 8 at 2k down to 3-4 psi. making a nice launch... the bypass is closed after a few conditions are met in the software, one of them being that the W/M output is firing and the other 2 are TPS% and MPH. I dont want full boost under 40MPH.
At redline on the 306 the M112 was capable of 12PSI... or 14PSI if i spray meth into the inlet of the blower.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it's nice to not downshift sometimes, but the reality is that it's a manual trans, on any given trip i'd make 500 shifts, what's really one less or one more?

It's not even that (I don't think I've ever counted my shifts). You're in NJ. I'm sure that at some point you've driven the turnpike through PA.

That whole trip up the side of the mountain is a 5th gear trip with the cruise control set. I have on occasion, applied more gas to make a pass or increase separation but it's not necessary to downshift unless... There is near zero traffic and I want to see how fast I can get up the hill.

That is how I might try to describe what it's like. Hill climbs are absolute AMAZE BALLS with a PD blower. :D

Now, I do understand that my KB setup is not the average. I have a [lot] of motor sitting below this thing. I had the blower first, converted to Flowzilla, and built the motor specifically for this blower with the help of RNH Performance and Ed Curtis Cams.

And Fastdriver, those tires are on my radar, but currently I have a 275/35/18, closest size in those ET streets is 285/40/18, I just don't know if this car can take much more tire. 18 inch drag radials are getting tough to find in fox sizes.

That's the tire I'm running. Even with rolled fenders and awesome work centering the rear and clearancing around the tires, they still rub the outer fender, but not bad enough to take them off.