Anyone else seen this about Kenne B??

• Sponsors (?)

So bc I’m just always on that side of is this legit? Who’s gonna repair? Warranty etc. I called both TPS and KB, mike from TPS whom I’ve talked with before awhile back confirmed yes he has worked a deal with KB and will be happening. No actual units available as of yet, nothing until June. So the guy from TPS is cool, comes off a little cocky, states yes they will have a warranty under KB. Asked about pulley upgrades and he states they will have them. He asked if I’m buying one, I said I’m very interested and this has halted my plans of buying a V3. He went into the comparison of units and like everyone said here, he upheld that it’s a great unit for a street stang, boost is always there and the torque is amazing. Of course I said I want one, and I’m just doing my research. Then the salesman came out! Oh well act quickly bc they are selling out. I’ve sold 20 pre-orders as of today and there are only 20 more units, and after that... that’s it!! Ok thanks I’ll think about pre-ordering. Then called KB, talked with another guy named Mike! Who are all these mikes!! Anyways he also confirmed yes TPS-mike has worked or is the works with KB owner to get this back in action through TPS for a small run. KB-mike said that KB would work on the units if they were to have any problems and to this day still work on units they sold way back when. He explained to me the pulleys upgrading and the amount of boost each upgrade will make etc etc. and they have those in stock no problems. He did mention that from what he knows the plan thus far was only for the Blowzilla, since I mentioned the upgrade for the Flowzilla on TPS website, to which he said he did not think that was in the plans but that he could have it wrong. He told me to call back in 1-2 weeks and he would let me know what exactly is going to launch through TPS from the best of his knowledge. I said great, and that I’m not bad mouthing TPS and they seem legit but I know nothing about them and that holding up 4K in a Pre-order until June, let alone another 500 extra for flowzilla upgrade is a lot of cash to have held up in a pre-order from a company I know nothing about, and told him about the infomercial sales pitch act now before they are gone. He laughed and said ehh idk about that, but that TPS mike is a stand up guy, they have worked together, and that 4K is surely a lot of cash to have held up. So he said just wait, give him that call back and hopefully he can confirm if it’s just the blowzilla or if both options are surely going to be available. Long speech sorry!!

Everyone has a different flavor . I will say though it seems like when we are comparing the Vortech to the KB it’s as if the Vortech is being treated like an oversized turbo that won’t spool .

My s trim was making over 500ftlbs in the high 2krpm range . The ysi even more . On the street I’d bet anything on the Vortech being just as violent if both are setup in the right manner . I’ve beat up on quite a few top mount blower cars even hellcats .

Back to back on the Dyno I’d bet both hot non intercooled the power the kB starts to drop off becomes more dramticly vs the Vortech being within a few Rwhp of where it started and the power still being very linear . Heat is no good either way but I’m saying it for comparisons sake . I try to stay out of these sometimes because I don’t want to sound biased with my background but I just figured I’d put my .02 in .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I do like the idea of meth, heck, I have a ProMeth kit sitting on my work bench waiting to be installed. Meth has had mixed results on various combos from what I've researched. Some get better results than others. One thing is for sure, most people that intercool their push-rod Kenne Bell supercharged combo report running (at cruise and idle) about 10-15 degrees above ambient. That's pretty dang good. I've been driving lately in this cool spring weather, outside temps are about 50* and my IAT's are 120* while cruising. During the summer when it's 80-90* I'm cruising around at 150-160* IAT (intake air temperature). My car is setup to pull timing when IAT's hit 170* which means I'm losing HP. Meth will probably drop my IAT's about 40-50*. With an intercooler I can do more back to back to back romps in boost while keeping my IAT's in check and maybe I can spray less Meth while in boost.

If you have the meth injection kit and a way to data log/tune then please do yourself a favor and install the kit and dig into it. Give it a shot and see how well it works before spending the money and time on an intercooler kit. I was never a fan of adding all that piping and weight after being exposed to what a alky injection kit can do when ironing out the tune.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have the meth injection kit and a way to data log/tune then please do yourself a favor and install the kit and dig into it. Give it a shot and see how well it works before spending the money and time on an intercooler kit. I was never a fan of adding all that piping and weight after being exposed to what a alky injection kit can do when ironing out the tune.
I’ll be going down this road myself soon enough . Meth kit sitting on the shelf . Just a lot to finish before that

• Agree

There is no "practical" after-cooling kit for these systems. Shooting water/meth into the inlet and through the rotors would also not be my first pick.

Machining 1 or more jets into the pressurized manifold would be how I would do this.

Everyone has a different flavor . I will say though it seems like when we are comparing the Vortech to the KB it’s as if the Vortech is being treated like an oversized turbo that won’t spool .

My s trim was making over 500ftlbs in the high 2krpm range . The ysi even more . On the street I’d bet anything on the Vortech being just as violent if both are setup in the right manner . I’ve beat up on quite a few top mount blower cars even hellcats .

Back to back on the Dyno I’d bet both hot non intercooled the power the kB starts to drop off becomes more dramticly vs the Vortech being within a few Rwhp of where it started and the power still being very linear . Heat is no good either way but I’m saying it for comparisons sake . I try to stay out of these sometimes because I don’t want to sound biased with my background but I just figured I’d put my .02 in .
It would take at least a few back to back pulls before it starts to drop off but I agree that the PD blower will drop off first due to heat. I've read many threads about non-intercooled centri blowers creating a lot of heat while only making about 10psi so it happens to both superchargers but KB is worse. The benefit of the centri is that there's an off the shelf kit to intercool it which I'm jealous of. IMO, your 363cid engine (or long stroke 347?) helps that TQ curve jump up and get that centri working early. I wonder what the TQ curve looks like on a 302cid engine with a centri and about 10psi? Maybe not as broad and flat of a line? I really don't know, just making a guess there.

That's good advice and that's my plan. The ProMeth kit is bought and paid for and will be the first on the list. Intercooling, if I do it, will be down the road and dependent of meth injection results. I data log via my Stinger Pimp ECU and use MegaLog to view and edit my VE table. I have a lot of before data, now I just need to install my ProMeth kit and get more data and process all the results.

@TOOLOW91 What meth kit did you get? What means of controlling are you going to do?

My s trim was making over 500ftlbs in the high 2krpm range . The ysi even more . On the street I’d bet anything on the Vortech being just as violent if both are setup in the right manner

Not really. I make that torque just off idle.

I think I have a thread around here somewhere, documenting blower discharge temps. After initial closing of the bay-pass valve where the recirculated air has passed, blower discharge temps from a KB are generally lower than a similarly sized centri blower at similar power settings.

There's just more room in the case to compress the same volume of air.

It would take at least a few back to back pulls before it starts to drop off but I agree that the PD blower will drop off first due to heat. I've read many threads about non-intercooled centri blowers creating a lot of heat while only making about 10psi so it happens to both superchargers but KB is worse. The benefit of the centri is that there's an off the shelf kit to intercool it which I'm jealous of. IMO, your 363cid engine (or long stroke 347?) helps that TQ curve jump up and get that centri working early. I wonder what the TQ curve looks like on a 302cid engine with a centri and about 10psi? Maybe not as broad and flat of a line? I really don't know, just making a guess there.

That's good advice and that's my plan. The ProMeth kit is bought and paid for and will be the first on the list. Intercooling, if I do it, will be down the road and dependent of meth injection results. I data log via my Stinger Pimp ECU and use MegaLog to view and edit my VE table. I have a lot of before data, now I just need to install my ProMeth kit and get more data and process all the results.

@TOOLOW91 What meth kit did you get? What means of controlling are you going to do?
Snow kit . Gonna use the stage 3 controller it creates a 2d load based map as the boost comes in .

I used an output on my MS based on rpm and load to fire the system, then used a Hobbs switch to trigger table switching in the MS when it sees 100+psi from the wmeth system. Setup this way if the system does not turn on or i run out of fluid or any other manner of oops the tables don't switch I don't go lean and the timing stays retarded. Win win. I tested it alot, tuned the car fully with no meth then simply tuned a second set of tables for both fuel and timing for the wmeth. I saw 70* temp drops spraying into a heat soaked blower at 17gph and had to pull 10% out of the fuel map added 6* of timing. Was a real animal.

Last edited:
  • Loved It!
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
I used an output on my MS based on rpm and load to fire the system, then used a Hobbs switch to trigger table switching in the MS when it sees 100+psi from the wmeth system. Setup this way if the system does not turn on iron out of fluid or any other manner of oops the tables don't switch I don't go lean and the timing stays retarded. Win win. I tested it alot tuned the car fully with no meth then simply tuned a second set of tables for both fuel and timing for the wmeth. I saw 70* temp drops spraying into a heat soaked blower at 17gph and had to pull 10% out of the fuel map added 6* of timing. Was a real animal.
Wish I knew what you all were talking about bc you guys make this stuff sound so easy.

Wish I knew what you all were talking about bc you guys make this stuff sound so easy.
Lol once you get into standalone efi tuning it will make more sense. The ECU fires an output based on criteria i setup labeled (water meth) that triggers a relay that starts the wmeth pump, The Hobbs switch closes when it gets a specified pressure and sends an input signal to the ECU saying (i see pressure). That signal is setup to trigger table switching, this is a function in the ECU that let's me build a separate set of tables for the engine to run on when it sees the input.
I tuned the system this way because it is a cheap way to build in a failsafe.
Imagine adding all that timing and running out of fluid:eek:

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user