Anyone ever deal with a Ford buy back?

Hey guys wondering if anyone has ever had to go through a buy back?

I have a 2006 v6 (auto) mustang I bought in sept of 2006. Since Jan the car has been in and out of the repair shop, and Ford engineering has been working on it since Aug of this year.

Just wondering what I should expect? I just had a data recorded in my car for a few weeks and recording events for them, but they have not gotten back to me in over 2 weeks. Should I push the issue?

Problems.
Loss of power.
Sometimes rough idle.
Fuel gauge drops to empty and signals warning chimes w/zero miles to empty. usually around the 3/8-1/2 tank level. (It's not the sulfur issue)
Car starts off in 3rd or 4th gear sometimes from a stop. (doesn;t always down shift)
Sometimes when I hit the gas the car does not go, almost been in many accidents now, and actually avoid certain intersections.

:( Never been through this before, so any advice would be helpful. I also do not want to lose my finance offer of 0 percent for 72. Thanks for any advice.

PS. How are the manuals in the new version of the stang? V6, or GT. I stayed away because my g/f could not drive my old mustang, but I might actually get a GT this round, but for the price and cost of gas I would prefer to stick with the 6. (I know, I know)

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't dealt with a buyback, but it sounds painful.
I'm not a mechanic,I was an electrical engineer, used to do applications eng. and worked with automotive microcontrollers for years.
Sounds to me, from the little you shared, like a wiring harness problem. A lot of intermittent and sometimes unrelated problems. Or it could be a (ECM) computer problem, but I would think they've already swapped that guy out.

I have an 05 stick V6. I love it. I have spent about, 320 on a GT dual exhaust, 850 on CAI + tune & dyno, and about 450 on some GT 17 wheels and tires(minus 250 for selling stock wheels). (so for about 1400 in mods). I bought her with 8500miles on her for 18k, a year ago september.
I am very happy with the performance and (very important) GAS mileage. This is my daily driver, and I drive a minimum of 60 mi /day. I have been getting from 22-25 mpg on 90% highway runs. Don't know what she would do in the city, probably not nearly as good...

Anyway I hope this helps with your decision. She still isn't a GT, and so doesn't have the power, but unless you want to completely overhaul your V6, she does pretty well. And the stick helps... Just the dual exhaust, and a drop in K&N filter, with a 3x3 hole punched i the stock air box gave me 191rwhp and 212rwtq. not bad...

good luck
Steve

I have had a V6 and now own a GT. Not that much difference in gas mileage. Insurance is very little more for the GT. Not enough to make me think twice. The GT is more fun without a doubt.
Cost of insurance will depend, though, on your driving record. Ask your agent. You may have to give him a VIN number (get it from a car you are looking at) and have him run it to get an exact price.