Anyone ever go in for this TSB

YelloSchtang001

Apr 26, 2005
I just looked up the TSB for my car and I found this one
TSB 03-25-6 ENGINE - ROMEO BUILT 4.6L 2V - TICK NOISE FROM ENGINE - ENGINES BUILT BEFORE 9/17/2003 it is some thing about the valve guides going bad has anyone brought their car in for this?

• Sponsors (?)

I went in before I got my cams installed cause I thought my car was ticking...they told me they wouldn't check because I had an aftermarket intake. I asked what my intake had to do with my valves...but the service manger just shrugged and started ignoring me....I love dealerships.:bang:

03ghoststang said:
hmmm.... nope but i only get a little tick noise on start up when cold once in a while and once it starts warming up it goes away :shrug:

:stupid: who cares, doesn't bother me at all :shrug: Ford would probably do something stupid and end up messing up my heads anyway. I'd rather leave everything alone and/or fix it myself if i have to.

I wouldn't dick with the car if it has a lifter ticking. It won't really hurt anything. You might loose a little HP is all.

One of my favorite quotes: "Don't f^ck with it if it isn't broken":nice:

Both heads were replaced under the TSB/warranty with 2 brand new out of the box '04 pi heads from ford that are,so ford says,improved.They came fully assembled,cams,springs,ects,ready to drop in.Then the old heads,fully assembled go back to ford.Only my passenger side had the tick issue,but he wanted to replace them both,but if i rmember correctly,it calls to have both done anyways.:shrug:

I've been chasing a ticking noise for awhile. Thought it was exhaust but I've been over and over the exhaust. My tick is louder under load, like 5th gear accel from 3k or lower when you floor it and goes away under normal idle or cruising or upper RPMs. I know it sounds exhaust but I can't find it and it's passenger side only.
Is that anything like your ticking noise. Thanks mang.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]I've been chasing a ticking noise for awhile. Thought it was exhaust but I've been over and over the exhaust. My tick is louder under load, like 5th gear accel from 3k or lower when you floor it and goes away under normal idle or cruising or upper RPMs. I know it sounds exhaust but I can't find it and it's passenger side only.
Is that anything like your ticking noise. Thanks mang.[/QUOTE]

The only way to properly hear the tick is from the front passenger wheel opening.You can hear it clearly threw there. And it's nothing exhaust related. :nice:

holy.... that tick was bad!!!!! ive had a light ticking ever since i bought the car 5 yrs ago. i changed to ported heads and still have it. i dont even care anymore. mines probably exhause leaks.