Anyone ever have success on getting mouse pee smell out of a car that's been sitting?

I am getting an 02 Mustang GT this weekend that has been sitting in a garage and unfortunately mice got to it. It REEKS bad, is there anything that works? I plan on gutting the whole interior but not sure if I should buy a bunch of cleaning products and hope for the best, or just toss the seats along with everything else and buy new interior.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

anything that is pouris like carpet, seat foam, basically anything cloth is going to hold the stink, strip the interior out and strip the seats to the frame and use new stuff. I've had limited experience with rat pee only cat pee, likely not much difference.

Before you spend a ton of money on new seats, try AmmoNYC on youtube. He's a professionial detailer and he's made a couple videos on how to get tough smells out of cars. Hope this helps before you rip out your entire interior.

View: https://youtu.be/-lO7WPmwWwE

View: https://youtu.be/MjHEcPcTJTE

Thank you, I will definitely look into these videos, I haven't stripped it down yet due to other problems the car has ( its been sitting for a few years). I've been letting fresh air do its work on the smell for now.

When I took out my interior i did replace the front seat foam, hell, it's an '83, it needed new foam.

The rear seats don't have replacement foam though. So I filled my bathtub with cool water, a capful of laundry detergent and about a cup of bleach and soaked the foam in it. I mushed them quite a bit, then rinsed them a couple times and hung them for a few days to dry. It worked.

My car had been sitting in a salvage yard for fifteen years. An entire rat colony had claimed it, so I do understand the smell you're talking about.

Maybe I'm not the swiftest guy, but I threw the covers in the washing machine with soap and bleach. They smell just great now.

All reassembled for over a year now and they smell great.

It's a bit of trouble, but it's as close to free as I could do.

Reactions: 1 users