Anyone ever remove their Wiper Motor? I need some pointers!!

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Well my hood flew up last weekend and during its destruction of my cowl area it crushed the linkage to the wiper arms. Anyways im getting the Wiper Delete things from Late Model Resto, and i figured id lose the wiper motor since i wont be needing that anymore. I disconnected the 3 bolts that hold it in place, and its still connected to the linkage. I see something that looks like a retaining clip holding it in place, is that all that need to come off to remove it from the firewall? Also there is goin to be a good size hole in the firewall, any ideas on how to plug this hole up??

• Sponsors (?)

I just did this, only i swapped in one that actually wasn't siezed. It was SOOO easy when I removed the cowl screen- Just pop out the 6 or 8 philips screws and reach in there. from there, the retaining clip is self-explanatory. Good luck!

dont understand why you didn't have hood pins in the first place, would've saved you from this mess. but as stated above, just take off the plastic cowl (if it's still there from the hood) and unbolt it. pretty straight foward