Grady

If indeed they are Proform :shrug:

That makes me have concern :eek:

I can't say for sure but I think they got a bad rep

Simply use the search here, on 94-95talk, and regualr 5.0 tech and see what
turns up ;)

Grady

:stupid:

I had a set of those damn things and they weren't worth the shipping from Summit. There was so much play in the roller tips that they actually rocked side to side. The guide plates couldn't even keep them in place over the valve stems. They were also very noisy, sounded like they were always out of adjustment. I've since replaced them with some Trick Flows and have no complaints at all!

Scott

i got my crane 1.7's through brothers performance for $190. a little more money but well known name

I used to have a set of Comp Cam Pro Magnum Roller Rockers (Stud Mount) They were great and i beat on that lil 302 like it stole something. Never an issue. :nice:

Then when i built the 383 i have i got Proform shaft rockers :( I had a problem with keeping oil pressure in the motor (Damn Fram Filter) So they got chewed up and when removing them i had a couple of needle bearings fall out ....they almost went into the engine. While they were working (if you call it that) They constantly would go out of adjustment. I was tightening rockers every week. (kept tools in the car) There was also fitment issues. :nonono:

To make a long story short i now use Probe shaft mount roller rockers. I have had them in my Daily Driver over a year. If you have the coin shafts are quieter, stronger, have an adjustable pushrod cup and don't need guide plates. :nice:

I learned that i rather pay for rocker arms only once, and i dont like carrying tools around to readjust inferior parts when they go out of adjustment. Proform WILL put the "Fix Or Repair Daily" into your Ford. :eek:

Proform mainly makes sbc performance and dress up stuff. They're kinda like spectre.....but they make parts too, not just cheap chrome crap. You can get some decent stuff from them if you're building a budget peformance....chevy.

Proform mainly makes sbc performance and dress up stuff. They're kinda like spectre.....but they make parts too, not just cheap chrome crap. You can get some decent stuff from them if you're building a budget peformance....chevy.

All chevy's are budget. I swear if I could build a Ford for as cheap as a chevy I would have alot more money in my pocket. :lol:

Spend the money and get some worth a crap. I had Scorpion 1.72 rockers......simply amazing!!!

Its worth spending the extra money for brand known parts when it comes to any parts but expecially the valve train.

Its simple... No great quality parts are cheap, you get what you pay for, pay a low price expect low quality

When Accufab starts to sell their throttle bodies for $125.00 then I'll change my stance on this