anyone ever used this Impact Gun.....Looking for a new one

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
I am in the market for a new Impact and came across this. Looks nice and says it has lots of torque but I wanted a few opinions if anyone has used one before....The tool trucks that come around are getting expensive as hell and I hate paying doubble for tools but sometimes I know you get what you pay for

• Sponsors (?)

Get the IR titanium. It has 1,000 ft lb. of nut busting torque. I have used all kinds before, and the IR titanium has always worked the best. The 1/2 inch IR titanium is on sale right now at sears through Thursday (11/30) with a free pair of mechanics gloves.

I got a cheap ass impact and air ratchet from Harbor Freight recently, the damn impact cant remove head bolts or flywheel bolts, it's so weak it's basically an air ratchet, the air ratchet only works sometimes. Guess I will be returning these cheap bastards shortly.

I would fork out the money for a good quality impact. I would get the IR titanium or Snap-on's new impact both work great. I have a 3/8 IR titanium and love it.

Another vote for the IR here. I have a Cornwell-badged gun, it's just a rebadged IR. It's been awesome, it's been used daily in a shop for a few years now, beaten on, dropped, and it's never missed a beat. It'll take things off in 2 seconds that the shop guns bang away at for 2 minutes and can't budge. Hell I've even gotten it to snap a stud off on a dualie with a 1" lugnut that was frozen up, didn't think it had the balls for it since it isnt the Titanium gun.

I have the Matco Composite, and its been awesome. Its probably the same guts as an IR. Its very light and very quiet with the longest warranty I believe, 2 years when most are 1 yr. Its removed everything I've asked it too. I think it was $280.

I just paid for it (he was away for the weekend and I told him in a message to contact me when he gets back then I would pay....just incase he died or something cause stranger things have happend) I paied $260 CDN for the gun and sockets.....then probly stupid costoms

I have that exact same gun, minus all the flames. Only impacts I will buy are Aircats. I got made fun of at work for it until it would break loose everything their 500 dollar MAC/Snapon/Matco **** wouldn't. That, and the Aircats are really quiet, another reason I got it. I'm on my second Aircat, as the first one went down hill about 2 years after I got it cause I never oiled it. oops! lol