Anyone Familiar with Ford Extended Warranty

Jonnypho

Mar 23, 2006
Hi Guys,
When I bought my 03, I got the extended warranty offered by ford. It was the best coverage plan they offered and so far everything wrong with the car has been fixed.

Recently I noticed that my drivers door is starting to sag a bit and I want to know if anyone knows if this sort of thing is covered under warranty?

I would ask the dealership but they respond with the canned answer of “We’ll fix it then let you know if it’s covered.”

I’m pretty sure the solution to the problem is the pins and bushings need replacing so if it were them should they be worn out on a car with 58,000kms (36,039 miles) on it?

Thanks

Jon

• Sponsors (?)

Jon I doubt thos items would be covered under esc. Ford does not have a hinge kit, just sell the hinges. Look at you paper work and see if hinges are listed. make sure to lube them before you bring it in also so they cant be like"there shot because of neglect"

extended warranties are a complete waste!!!!

they already try to get out of the regular warranty so why would they do any better for the extended warranty? the wifes honda will never see the dealer again unless there is a recall.

they already try to get out of the regular warranty so why would they do any better for the extended warranty? the wifes honda will never see the dealer again unless there is a recall.

I disagree. When my second plug threw, I was GLAD that I spent the extra for the warranty. Brand new passenger side head :nice: and I was only out $50.00 for the deductible.

I disagree. When my second plug threw, I was GLAD that I spent the extra for the warranty. Brand new passenger side head :nice: and I was only out $50.00 for the deductible.

Well so far I'm glad I got it, I get treated differently than I did with my old mustang. Now I go into the dealership and they just fix everything that "could" be going wrong and is covered under warranty.

For instance I brought the car in for an oil change and was later told they changed the idler because the mechanic didn't like the sound. They said it wasn't broken, they just didn't like the sound of it.

Guess I need to find the pamphlet they gave me. :p

Thanks guys,

Jon

95% I think they are waste of time because most things as the car gets older can be attributed to age or neglect and thus not covered....but my extended warranty that the dealer threw in for free has paid for a new alternator and PCM... :shrug:

My TR-3650 just blew up 5th gear and destroyed reverse. It was replaced along with a wheel bearing (not covered normally) and I only have 74,000 miles on the car. It saved me $1200. I'd rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. The mustang has been a great car though. My Cougar on the other hand is severly lacking and I feel sorry for those that DIDN'T buy an extended warranty with them.

Sent you a PM Jon

Anyways I personally think having ford base or premium care is good thing to have on a ford vehicle if you don't plan on modding it to where they could give reasons for denying a warranty claim.
I am a tech at lincoln mercury dealership and ford vehicles in general just have a lot of problems. A lot of our customers are very happy to hear that their engine knock, tranny problem, ac problem, leaks, ect... is covered under their extended warranty instead of paying out of pocket.

My TR-3650 just blew up 5th gear and destroyed reverse. It was replaced along with a wheel bearing (not covered normally) and I only have 74,000 miles on the car. It saved me $1200. I'd rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. The mustang has been a great car though. My Cougar on the other hand is severly lacking and I feel sorry for those that DIDN'T buy an extended warranty with them.

How much was the Warranty? I was quoted $1,800...

I also had an '02 exloder that had nothing but problems (3 tranny's in about 20K miles :nonono: ) I Spoke to the service manager and he admitted to me that Ford no longer pays Techs to diagnose on extended warranty items. Basically I learned that the guys would replace anything I complained about without going through any checks to be sure that is/was the problem.

I think the extended warranty work depends on the quality of your local dealer and the honesty of the techs. But for $1,800 you can do a lot of major components on a Mustang.

Matt

How much was the Warranty? I was quoted $1,800...

I also had an '02 exloder that had nothing but problems (3 tranny's in about 20K miles :nonono: ) I Spoke to the service manager and he admitted to me that Ford no longer pays Techs to diagnose on extended warranty items. Basically I learned that the guys would replace anything I complained about without going through any checks to be sure that is/was the problem.

I think the extended warranty work depends on the quality of your local dealer and the honesty of the techs. But for $1,800 you can do a lot of major components on a Mustang.

Matt

I bought my car used but I think his invoice was less than $1900. On the stang I told them was was wrong and they replaced the stuff I asked them to. I was surprised they covered the wheel bearing but they did.